Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

Drawing Blood: A Novel by Poppy Z. Brite

Drawing Blood: A Novel (original 1993; edition 1994)

by Poppy Z. Brite (Author)

Escaping from his North Carolina home after his father murders their family and commits suicide, Trevor McGee returns to confront the past, and finds himself haunted by the same demons that drove his father to insanity.
Member:therealdelia
Title:Drawing Blood: A Novel
Authors:Poppy Z. Brite (Author)
Info:Dell (1994), Edition: 1st Printing, 416 pages

Drawing Blood by Poppy Z. Brite (1993)

English (20)  Finnish (1)  All languages (21)
I can't say enough. If the genres of gritty gruesome horror and lgbtqai romance don't already appeal to you, this might not be your thing. But this is literally one of my all time favorite novels. I've lost count of how many times I reread it but it's never gotten old or meant any less to me.

I read this as a teen and it still speaks to me in my 30s. Trevor and Zach's story in Drawing Blood has always been my favorite. To say much more would ruin the plot.

Drawing Blood isn't the most gruesome of works or sexually explicit but it doesn't pull punches either. ( )
  Nakeeya | Jun 29, 2020 |
Sin duda Zach ha utilizado sus dotes de hacker para piratear las opiniones de Goodreads. Es imposible que tenga tantas puntuaciones de cinco estrellas esta especie de Crepúsculo (es el ejemplo que me ha venido de novela erotico/festiva de adolescentes) gay con una trama de hackers que al final no interesa a nadie. NADIE puede decir que son personajes adorables porque ambos se vuelven insoportables a partir de la página 100 aproximadamente. Y el final?? Absolutamente decepcionante.
Si se lleva dos estrellas es porque:
1) Lo he leído rápido
2) Los LOLES comentándolo con el grupo del club de lectura. (Alex dixit)
En breve haré una reseña más extensa en el blog. ( )
  Carla_Plumed | Dec 3, 2018 |
This is not my usual sort of book. I am not a horror or a fantasy fan in the slightest. I would far rather read about women sitting in the laundrette down the street than ghosts & demons. Just thought we should get that clear before I say that...I really liked this book!

The characters were very well fleshed out, & the storyline so well paced, that it didn’t feel like a cheap horror. The violence & more out-there moments were used to enhance the story rather than for shock value. The quality of the writing was such that in many ways, it was nearly a believable story.

I don’t know where this particular book lies along the spectrum of Brite’s work, but it has definitely made me see her as an author to read more from.
  SadieBabie | Jun 23, 2018 |
My favorite Brite novel, and the one with the best characterization. A young man returns to the home where his father went homicidally insane years ago. While there, he meets and falls in love with a hacker on the run. Is their love enough to combat the sinister madness of the house? ( )
  wealhtheowwylfing | Feb 29, 2016 |
Como extrañaba este genero! Poppy Z. Brite es BIZARRA. ( )
  LaMala | Jun 7, 2015 |

Poppy Z. Briteprimary authorall editionscalculated
Estruch, Carla BatallerTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Gelder, Cherie vanTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Missing Mile, North Carolina, in the summer of 1972 was scarcely more than a wide spot in the road.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 152,688,104 books! | Top bar: Always visible