Forward the Foundation by Isaac Asimov
4,395391,621 (3.78)1 / 47
Recently added bymwhazel, ISCCSandy, mikeandali, private library, ilya.evdakov, phollis68, Mbook123, Wildtony, BGP, bampton

English (35)  Italian (2)  French (1)  Slovak (1)  All languages (39)
It is hard to believe that my journey of reading all of Asimov's Robots/Empire/Foundation series is over. It took just over a year, although I got distracted with a few other books along the way, and it was one of the best reading experiences of my life.

Asimov's style just resonates with me. His focus on small cast, but big picture is unparalleled. So many pieces of fiction TRY to be epic, and so few succeed. Asimov succeeds, over and over again. While Forward the Foundation wasn't quite as good as some of his other works, I couldn't help but feel moved by the last few pages, as if Asimov was writing as Hari Seldon himself.

This will remain among my favorite series ever and am so pleased to have read them. I guarantee some will find them dull, or slow - there's not a ton of action, LOTS of talking and exposition, but all the sci-fi greatness that permeates these books is still thrilling to read decades after they were published. ( )
  hskey | Dec 13, 2018 |
I liked this one more than the other foundation books but not as much as the prelude to foundation. I connect so much more with Hari and his family then I do with any of the characters in Asimov's other foundation books. It may be because they are the primary characters throughout the entire book instead of the changing characters in the multiple short stories of the other books. I've decided I'm going to read the last foundation trilogy novel because I want to know how the story ends. However I'm going to take a break with something else first. I find Asimov's idea excellent but his writing style leaves something to be desired. I'm hoping to return with renewed vigor after a short break reading something else. ( )
  Catsysta | Aug 5, 2018 |
A bit forced and pat in too many places, but then he was piecing together his Foundation canon. Still, it was more enjoyable than his earlier books, despite its shortcomings. ( )
  Razinha | May 23, 2017 |
the immediate prequel to the Foundation Trilogy [which I shall now have to reread]. Seldon is on Trantor and trying to get psychohistory ready in time. This book covers about 30 years. Not really interesting unless one was a big Foundation buff, which I am not. Founds the first Foundation and uses his granddaughter as the nucleus for the Second Foundation. ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
Freaking amazing. A fantastic work. Having read the previous 6 Foundation books, this prequel was a joy. To finally see the pieces of the Foundation come together.... knowing what it would ultimately turn in to. I love this man's style. ( )
  thanbini | Jun 19, 2016 |

Isaac Asimovprimary authorall editionscalculated
Larkin, BobCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Montanari, GianniTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Youll, StephenCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For all my loyal readers
DEMERZEL, ETO - … While there is no question that Eto Demerzel was the real power in the government during much of the reign of Cleon I, historians are divided as to the nature of his rule.(Chapter 1 Headnote)
'I tell you again, Hari,' said Yugo Amaryl, ' that your friend Demerzel is in deep trouble.'

Hari Seldon plots
psychohistory while plots
threaten its future.
(ed.pendragon)

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553565079, Mass Market Paperback)

A stunning testament to his creative genius. Forward The Foundation is a the saga's dramatic climax -- the story Asimov fans have been waiting for. An exciting tale of danger, intrigue, and suspense, Forward The Foundation brings to vivid life Asimov's best loved characters: hero Hari Seldon, who struggles to perfect his revolutionary theory of psychohistory to ensure the survival of humanity; Cleon II, the vain and crafty emperor of the Galactic Empire,

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:04 -0400)

In this stunning finale to one of the greatest science fiction adventures of all time, Asimov looks back to the development of one of science fiction's most popular creations: the science of Psychohistory, which predicts the actions of society.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,141,696 books! | Top bar: Always visible