The World of Mr. Mulliner by P. G. Wodehouse

The World of Mr. Mulliner

by P. G. Wodehouse

42 stories covering something like 4 decades of stories. The format is almost always the same. He is an older guy at a pub where he is a regular. Someone tells a story and he always says "that reminds me of my cousin Fred and the time he....". Some of the stories are ok - but certainly not his best work. He even says in the introduction that he basically contrived it as a foil for Jeeves and Wooster because he couldn't write every story about them. ( )
  stuart10er | Sep 27, 2013 |
Show me a reader who doesn't love the MUlliner stories, and I'll show you a reader who is clinically dead. ( )
  HarryMacDonald | Sep 13, 2012 |
This isn't a book to read all at once since the stories pile on and might get stale. Read this book in sips and be overjoyed in Wodehouse at his best. I love the people being identified by their drink. I love the combinations of the impatience of Mr. Mulliner with anyone who thinks he has held the floor for too long and his outlandish and delightfully convoluted stories. And the product names. Actually, all the names. It is Wodehouse, what can I say? You love him immoderately or you don't. ( )
1 vote owenre | Feb 17, 2008 |
1927 ( [1925])
1929 ( [1924])
1933 ( [1930])

Complete Collection of all 42 Mr. Mulliner stories: 1. The Truth About George, 2. A Slice of Life, 3. Mulliner's Buck-U-Uppo, 4. The Bishop's Move, 5. Came the Dawn, 6. The Story of William, 7. Portrait of a Disciplinarian, 8. The Romance of a Bulb-Squeezer. 9. Honeysuckle Cottage, 10. The Reverent Wooing of Archibald, 11. The Man Who Gave Up Smoking, 12. The Story of Cedric, 13. The Ordeal of Osbert Mulliner, 14. Unpleasantness at Bludleigh Court, 15. Those in Peril On the Tee, 16. Something Squishy, 17. The Awful Gladness of the Mater, 18. The Passing of Ambrose, 19. The Smile That Wins, 20. The Story of Webster, 21. Cats Will Be Cats, 22. The Knightly Quest of Mervyn, 23. The Voice from the Past, 24. Open House, 25. Best Seller, 26. Strychnine In the Soup, 27. Gala Night, 28. Monkey Business, 29. The Nodder, 30. The Juice of an Orange, 31. The Rise of Minna Nordstrom, 32. The Castaways, 33. Archibald and the Masses, 34. The Code of the Mulliners, 35. The Fiery Wooing of Mordred, 36. Buried Treasure, 37. Anselm Gets His Chance, 38. The Right Approach, 39. Big business, 40. George and Alfred, 41. Another Christmas Carol, 42. From a Detective's Notebook.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,511,495 books! | Top bar: Always visible