The Book of Jane by Anne Dayton

The Book of Jane (edition 2007)

by Anne Dayton (Author)

Jane Williams has a dream job, perfect Manhattan apartment, and a man she loves. Suddenly everything changes. After an evening with a hot Hollywood actor, she wakes up to a day filled with strange occurrences that turn increasingly horrible.
Member:Jemalu
Title:The Book of Jane
Authors:Anne Dayton (Author)
Info:Broadway Books (2007), Edition: 1, 304 pages

Work Information

The Book of Jane by Anne Dayton

Why Me???? Jane had it all. Great job, wonderful boyfriend, good apartment. Everything was going well for her. But then it all comes crashing down. Her boyfriend dumps her. She loses her job. Her apartment gets halfway destroyed. Rumors are spread about her. And she has this weird rash on her face that won't go away. It's enough to make anyway jump off the deep end. But thanks to her faith in God and a cute guy who seems to pop up at the right moments, Jane learns how to get through it all.

Christian chick lit just keeps getting better and better these days. It's great to read about stories about young women who are Christians with strong faith yet still like to shop for shoes and hunt for guys. Dayton and Vanderbilt's characters live like real people do without being all high and mighty or overly trying to witness to others. They show their faith by their actions, not trying to convert everyone they see. This book was tons of fun to read. Jane is a great character, very multi dimensional and easy to relate to. I felt for Jane especially during the scene where she tries to call her friend for help. Curse words would have uttered out of me at that point. I love the scenes in the hotel. I felt happy that something finally good was going for her. The storyline is a chick lit parable of the book of Job, but luckily Jane doesn't have it half as bad as he did (although the rash on her face would cause her to think she did). She handled things better than I would have in her situation. I would have been faced with the urge to throw something at the perpetrator of all the rumors about her. And her boyfriend: ARGGGHH! I have no complaints at all about this book. I couldn't stop reading it and now I want everyone else to. A funny hip read with a strong message about faith and belief in God. This is a book I could pass along to others even those who don't normally read Christian fiction. Highly recommended for a good time. ( )
1 vote mrsjason | Sep 22, 2011 |
"While The Book of Jane is technically Christian chick lit, it doesn’t wear its theology on its sleeve and refrains from the kind of preachiness that can plague the genre." http://superfastreader.com/the-book-of-jane-by-anne-dayton-and-may-vanderbilt.ht... ( )
  superfastreader | Jul 18, 2007 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,458,219 books! | Top bar: Always visible