The Multicultural Church: Embracing Unity and Restoration

by Dan Willis

116,498,656 (3)None
Recently added byHarley0326

No tags

The book is a very quick read and although the author makes some good observations. The author does have good scriptures that emphasize the importance of ministering to everyone. God doesn’t see the color of our skin. He sees our heart and wants it to stay humble.
I did like the reference to praise and worship and how it helps calm us and draws us closer to God. The author has done a good job of showing how we can get out of our comfort zone and reach out to people. The author shares how his church has adapted to change and welcomed everyone to worship as the body of Christ. It is encouraging to see how people are reaching out and breaking down walls to share Jesus with others.
The book would be a nice tool for pastors as they get a vision to go outside their church and be the hand and feet of Christ. The author points out how many people have suffered from discrimination. I like that he has a heart to reach those who have felt unwanted or judged. Change is never easy, but it needs to happen so no one is left behind.
“Change is difficult. But with acceptance comes common ground and connection. God knows we are not really that different. He simply asks us to understand each other.”
I received a copy of this book from Celebrate Lit. The review is my own opinion. ( )
  Harley0326 | Apr 21, 2020 |

Genres

No genres

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,191,698 books! | Top bar: Always visible