Epistemology: A Contemporary Introduction to the Theory of Knowledge (1998)

by Robert Audi

Epistemology, or "the theory of knowledge," is concerned with how we know what we know, what justifies us in believing what we believe, and what standards of evidence we should use in seeking truths about the world and human experience. This comprehensive introduction to the field of epistemology explains the concepts and theories central to understanding knowledge. Along with covering the traditional topics of the discipline in detail, Epistemology explores emerging areas of research. The third edition features new sections on such topics as the nature of intuition, the skeptica… (more)

I've recommended this book in an article titled "Teach Yourself Epistemology" here: http://douggeivett.wordpress.com/2009/06/13/teach-yourself-epistemology/ ( )
  RDGlibrary | Nov 28, 2010 |

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,303,510 books! | Top bar: Always visible