The Inheritance Games by Jennifer Lynn…

The Inheritance Games (original 2020; edition 2021)

by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (Author)

Member:livhsuen
Title:The Inheritance Games
Authors:Jennifer Lynn Barnes (Author)
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2021), Edition: Reprint, 400 pages
Collections:Your library, To read

Work Information

The Inheritance Games by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (2020)

This is a fun read that I think will capture young people's attention from the beginning. It's fairly reminiscent of Knives Out so if you've seen that movie, it might feel a bit predictable.

That being said, this is the first in a series, so there's more here than meets the eye. If nothing else, it's enjoyable to read and I'm anxiously awaiting the release of the sequel in September. ( )
  bookdrunkard78 | Jan 6, 2022 |
Why would the enormous Hawthorne family fortune be left to Avery, a stranger? Is Avery a participant in the games set up by Tobias Hawthorne, or just one of the game pieces? This was an exciting mystery which kept me guessing, though I wasn’t super satisfied by the ending. ( )
  Amzzz | Jan 6, 2022 |
Twisty! Puzzles! Love triangle!

This felt sort of like an escape room mixed with Dallas mixed with a soapy YA love triangle.

A lot of fun but dammit, why did I think it was a standalone? ( )
  Cerestheories | Nov 8, 2021 |
Not the best YA mystery book I have read buy not bad. A good teen book. A clean read in my opinion. Little to no violence. Little romance. Cliche love triangle. Some interesting puzzles. As happens with YA mystery some parts wrap up and are tied in a nice bow a bit too easily . I listened to this one. Narrator was slow at first and I almost stopped. Then we added some Texan accents and different genders and ages and things got a bit more interesting but had a difficult time telling who was talking since they were all so similar. Also had issue with the main character's talking voice and thinking voice so sometimes it was unclear what she said aloud and what she was thinking. I wanted mystery and twists like Knives Out but it didnt live up for me. A teen (who hasnt read as many books) may feel differently. ( )
  MorbidLibrarian | Sep 18, 2021 |
Review in my Merry Bookmas Week 3 Vlog
https://youtu.be/4Fl2gXGuBa8 ( )
  Completely_Melanie | Sep 10, 2021 |

Belongs to Series

For Samuel
When I was a kid, my mom constantly invented games.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,142,822 books! | Top bar: Always visible