INFERNO--STAR WARS LEGACY OF THE FORCE (STAR…

INFERNO--STAR WARS LEGACY OF THE FORCE (STAR WARS " INFERNO") (edition 2007)

by TROY DENNING

As civil war spreads throughout the galaxy, the Solo/Skywalker clan confronts its own challenges, as Jacen Solo, now a full Sith Lord, seizes control of the Galactic Alliance and Luke Skywalker must decide whether or not to support Jacen or to join the rebels.
Member:blpeders
Title:INFERNO--STAR WARS LEGACY OF THE FORCE (STAR WARS " INFERNO")
Authors:TROY DENNING
Info:DEL RAY (2007), Hardcover

Work Information

Inferno by Troy Denning

Luke is shown for the Grand Master of the Jedi Council that he is. The Society of One Sith are revealed and pave the way for the Legacy Comics. I hope Caedus dies a slow painful death. ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
  Lunapilot | Jul 19, 2016 |
fun. ( )
  MilesVor | Apr 4, 2014 |
I bought this book on amazon. When deciding which version of the book to purchase (I eventually went with paperback) I looked at a couple of the reviews. One or two said that it was the worst in the series. I find myself having to disagree with them. It's not the best, both the previous book in the series (Sacrifice - Karen Traviss) and the previous book written by Denning (Tempest) exceeded it. But It wasn't the worst either. I really enjoyed reading more about Luke, who has been pretty much absent from previous books, and also of Han and Leia, who seem to come and go in previous books.

After the events of the previous book, Darth Caedus seems quite lost without his mentor. In this book we get shown that despite turning darker, he has a long way to go before being another emperor. While he tries to be cold and calculating, he can't quite get it down perfectly. This book shows Jacen, not in a good light, but in a light that is really interesting to read. He's starting to accept his own darkness, and I feel that Denning writes Jacen really well, In that we actually kind of understand where he's coming from. Palpatine was clearly evil. But Jacen is just... misguided.

Of course - that doesn't mean he's not the bad guy. He isn't a nice person. But the way Denning has written, along with the prior works of the three authors, allows us to see him as evil one moment, and lost in another.

There were two minor characters that particularly stood out for me as well. Chief Omas, and Ship. The first Denning writes really well, despite his brief appearance. The second is just a simply incredible character/vehicle. The idea that a ship can be sentient is not a new one in the star wars universe - but this particular one is highly entertaining to read. As is the whole series for that.

There are a couple of problems I had - non major. The biggest is that the character of Tahiri is reintroduced in this book - apparently for no good reason. Maybe she'll be more prominent in the next three books, but I would have liked to see more of a reason for Darth Caedus' manipulations of her. She has a small use, but given that the book started with her - I expected more.

I also didn't like Ben's character very much, meaning the way in which it was written, which is interesting since I liked him so much in Tempest. I kind of understand why he was written the way he was - but it seems too different from his character in the previous books.

Overall though, I really enjoyed this book. it's the last book of the middle section, and where the last book was a large turning point in Jacen's world, this is the consequential large turning point for the rest of the galaxy. As we enter the final books of the series, I'm finding it difficult to stick to my reading/reviewing plan and not just read the rest of the series straight away. As always - I would recommend this series. ( )
  AdamBourke | Apr 14, 2011 |
The plotoutline of the book seems pretty good; unfortuntately this book is not much more then a thin tangle of lines connecting the predefined skeleton. Except for some longwinded fight-scenes, there really isn't much development. Several key points in the book are also completely butchered. ( )
  Tarkeel | Jun 7, 2008 |
For Jeffrey Olson
Neighbor and friend
The scream and roar of combat began to reverberate through the empty grashal, and wisps of battle smoke materialized in the green beams of their helmet lamps.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 173,419,929 books! | Top bar: Always visible