HomeGroupsTalkExplore

Queen Takes Rose

by Katee Robert

Series: Wicked Villains (6)

Once upon a time, I made a deal with the devil. It turns out I like playing in the dark. Over the years, I've become someone I'm proud of, someone dangerous. I'll never be as dangerous as Malone, though. She's one of the most feared leaders in Carver City, and her reputation is more than earned. Years ago, we had a single night together, and she's ignored me ever since. Imagine my surprise to discover she's scheduled me for the final two weeks of my contract. Maybe, I should be afraid. Everyone else fears Malone. Instead, all I feel is anticipation. It's time to balance the scales, once and for all. The villains aren't the only ones in Carver City a person should be wary of crossing. Sometimes, the prettiest flower hides the deadliest poison....… (more)

I really liked the plot of this one. Not my overall favorite but I still like it. I wasn't expecting the relationship dynamics b between them. I didn't expect an almost enemies to lovers storyline. Also, a reason this is highly praised by me is because of my love for Hades. I make no apologies for that. ( )
  mythical_library | Jun 15, 2022 |
⭐️⭐️⭐️3.5 /5
🌶🌶🌶🌶 /4

Disney characters reimagined: Aurora & Maleficent

!! Following may contain spoilers !!

Synopsis & Notes:

We FINALLY get to find love for Aurora in this last full installment of the Wicked Villains series but boy oh boy is it a rocky road to get there. Like Tink earlier in the series, Aurora has a dark past that we finally get to discover, and it’s all tied up in our final territory leader Malone.

Aurora is definitely one of my favorite series characters, and I am happy we finally get to see her have her own love story. I also like that we get a purely female-female relationship as the main focus for the first time in the series.

Similar to the Sea Witch, I enjoyed the plot twist of the sleeping beauty retelling, but when comparing their dynamic to some of the other ones in the series, it wasn’t my favorite.

Malone has the strongest tie to the Sabine Valley spin-off so far, and going from this story over to the first two Sabine Valley books was definitely a great point to jump off from. You could go to either Dark Olympus or Sabine Valley from Carver City so take your pick.

Fav quote of the book: "What a magnificent bitch." ( )
  Victinerary | Apr 10, 2022 |
I was so bored ( )
  VeraBkLover | Dec 18, 2021 |
This the last book in this series but this isn't really a series that needs a big conclusion. There is also a short story collection that I'm going to read but that's super short and those stories didn't come out all at once or anything. This last book was fine and I liked that we got a FF romance finally but there wasn't really enough tension for me.

This is supposed to be a sort of enemies-to-lovers but I just found a lot of it to be kind of dull. There just was enough actual anger for me, or at least not enough for me to believe. I also just didn't really believe that they were falling in love. Something about the way this one developed just didn't appeal to me.

There's a lot of build-up about Aurora has barely any limits and is sort of a masochist but for all of that, there wasn't really any new stuff in the sex scenes. Because I've read six of these books now, I'm just expecting a bit more originality and because we didn't get that here, I was a bit bored.

I'm interested to read the short stories because I want to see what's going on with the characters I really liked from this series. Having read them all now I'll say that my favorite book was definitely Learn my Lesson with Hades, Meg, and Hercules. If you're going to read one of these books, I would recommend that one. ( )
  AKBouterse | Oct 14, 2021 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 182,866,833 books! | Top bar: Always visible