China (Eyewitness Travel Guides) by DK…

China (Eyewitness Travel Guides) (edition 2005)

by DK Publishing

Member:kitsunekon
Title:China (Eyewitness Travel Guides)
Authors:DK Publishing
Info:DK Travel (2005), Vinyl Bound, 672 pages
Tags:china, budo

DK Eyewitness Travel Guides: China by DK Publishing

An excellent guide for an extended trip to China that I took in 2010-11 - I particularly liked the street plans and detailed sections on key sites in Beijing, Shanghai, etc.

I will definitely be using this book again when I return to China later this year. ( )
  xuebi | May 30, 2014 |
I love this series of guidebooks and I've bought many of them. I do prefer the ones that only cover a single city (or two cities) rather than a whole country like this one does.

The maps and cutaway drawings of the various tourist sites are what makes these guide books. ( )
  Susanna.Dilliott | Apr 23, 2014 |
Great start-up learning book, very in depth for its size. I love DK Eyewitness stuff, and this one is laid out so beautifully! ( )
  QueenAlyss | Aug 16, 2007 |

The DK travel guide helps you to get the most out of your trip to China, providing expert recommendations as well as detailed practical information. The opening chapter Introducing China maps the country and sets it in its historical and cultural context. Each of the seven regional sections is divided into area chapters that cover from one to three provinces each. Here you will find descriptions of the most important sights with maps, pictures and illustrations. Hotel and restaurant recommendations can be found in Travelers Needs . The Survival Guide contains practical information on everything from transport personal safety.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:27 -0400)

Three-dimensional cutaway illustrations and floor plans of key landmarks complement these richly illustrated, fully updated travel handbooks that also include street-by-street guides, background information on a host of popular sights, and a traveler's survival guide providing tips on hotels, restaurants, local customs, transportation, medical services, museums, entertainment, and more. Recognized the world over by frequent flyers and armchair travelers alike, Eyewitness Travel Guides are the most colorful and comprehensive guides on the market. With beautifully commissioned photographs and spectacular 3-D aerial views revealing the charm of each destination, these amazing travel guides show what others only tell.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,163,388 books! | Top bar: Always visible