I Like Myself! (board book) by Karen…

I Like Myself! (board book) (original 2004; edition 2016)

by Karen Beaumont (Author), David Catrow (Illustrator)

Member:ambermescott
Title:I Like Myself! (board book)
Authors:Karen Beaumont (Author)
Other authors:David Catrow (Illustrator)
Info:HMH Books for Young Readers (2016), Edition: Brdbk, 32 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Plot, Personality Development

I Like Myself! by Karen Beaumont (2004)

In my opinion this is a wonderful book. I like this book because of the language and character. The character in this book is very relatable. One thing that I love is that the character never introduces herself, she just says me. I love this because it helps the reader really relate to the girl in the book, they could name her their name or make up any name. This character is also relatable because the author does not give her any imaginative body parts or feelings. This is helpful for the reader to relate to when they are talking about positive body image. I also love the language the author uses in this book. It is very creative. My favorite quote in this book is “Even when I look a mess, I still don’t like me any less.” This is important for readers to understand that they do not have to be perfect to love themselves. I also like how descriptive the author is. For example, she explains liking her wide hip as “loving her hippo hips” and loving her snoring as “loving her snout that snorts.”
In conclusion, the author, Karen Beaumont, wrote this story so individuals would love themselves even if they look different than other individuals. She does a great job of relating different personal characteristics to silly things that would make people laugh and become comfortable with themselves. This is a very powerful, silly, and relatable book that will help all ages to accept themselves no matter what. ( )
  mmarti44 | Mar 27, 2017 |
This little girl proves one thing to be true, no matter who she is or what she looks like she will always love herself. Ages 4-7
  Myocom89 | Mar 22, 2017 |
This book encorage children to appreciate every thing about themselves. This book is about a little girl . whoi can see well all the time, She can see well with a curly hair or not , with the way to use the clothes and all the time , she can feel well inside and outside.
  pilarmorenoruiz | Mar 22, 2017 |
A little girl explains why she is able to love herself by being herself.
  LorieZ03 | Mar 21, 2017 |
This is the story of a girl who loves everything about herself. Her hair, feet, face, hands, arms EVERYTHING. I love that she says, "I don't care what anyone thinks," several times throughout the books. She has very high self-esteem and confidence. ( )
  naemc | Mar 21, 2017 |

Karen Beaumontprimary authorall editionscalculated
Catrow, DavidIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0152020136, Hardcover)

High on energy and imagination, this ode to self-esteem encourages kids to appreciate everything about themselves--inside and out. Messy hair? Beaver breath? So what! Here's a little girl who knows what really matters.
At once silly and serious, Karen Beaumont's joyous rhyming text and David Catrow's wild illustrations unite in a book that is sassy, soulful--and straight from the heart.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:49 -0400)

In rhyming text, a little girl expresses confidence and joy in her uniqueness, no matter her outward appearance.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,283,522 books! | Top bar: Always visible