The Mensa Genius Quiz Book by Marvin…

The Mensa Genius Quiz Book (1981)

by Marvin Grosswirth

181298,277 (3)None

Ever considered joining Mensa? I did once, so I researched it. I found, later, that it wasn't the type of organization I had in mind, and so I didn't join it in the end (Don't assume it was either because of faults with Mensa or a lack of intellect on my part, for neither of those reasons are true. I met all the requirements for joining, but chose not to join). Before that, though, I stumbled upon several intriguing books on the subject, including two Mensa Genius Quiz Books, written by (with contributions from) actual Mensa members. These books present a series of quizzes in trivia, vocabulary, reasoning/logic/mathematics, and "classics" (brain teasers), and include some text on why it's important to build these quadrants of your brain.

The ever prominent theme was: "If you don't use it, you lose it."

Likewise, in the back, next to each solution is a percentage of how many Mensa members got the question correct.

If you're one of those people who enjoys brain-sharpening activities, then the Mensa Genius Quiz Book may very well be for you. Who knows, maybe it'll make you want to join Mensa as well. ( )
  aethercowboy | Sep 9, 2009 |
It is what it is and it is everything the title said it was. A fun little book to test your knowledge on subjects like trivia and math. Quite a lot of the questions are ones you may remember hearing in middle school. For example: If Cortez conquered Mexico, who conquered Peru? Worth a try just to see how you stack up againt the Mensa minds. Buy it cheap or look for it at the library. ( )
  Carmenere | Jul 29, 2009 |
What is the real puzzle in this unique book?

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0201059592, Paperback)

Are You a Genius? Let the Mensa Genius Quiz Book help you find out. This collection of quizzes, puzzles, games, and strategies is guaranteed to tax your intelligence, provide hours of entertainment, and make you jumping-up-and-down-crazy for the right answers.You need an I.Q. in the top two percent of the population to join Mensa, but with the sample tests inside you can see how you’d rate alongside such famous M’s (as Mensans call themselves) as R. Buckminster Fuller. You’ll also find tips from Mensa members on how to boost your own intelligence, improve your memory, and think more effectively. A special section on how to take tests shows how anyone can do better on almost any test imaginable.Whether you’re verbally, numerically, or visually inclined, this is ”Rubik’s Cube of Books” is the book for you.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:01:56 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,633,970 books! | Top bar: Always visible