HomeGroupsTalkExplore

The Dream Job

by Kiersten Modglin

1331,391,012 (4.4)None
Autumn Sanderson goes by Lark now. No one in her new life can know who she was. No one from her old life can know where she is now.Drowning in debt, she's desperate to land a job--any job. When she finds herself at an interview for a mysterious company offering an exorbitant salary, she jumps at the chance. But things aren't quite what they seem...She soon learns about the company's peculiar hiring process. Locked in a luxury cabin with five strangers who go only by their code names, she begins to question exactly what it is she signed up for.The company, riddled with secrets and led by a cryptic boss known only as Mr. X, has strange rules and even stranger challenges for their candidates. After each day's competition, the candidates gather around the dinner table to eat, drink, and spill their darkest secrets.When Lark sees something she shouldn't, she begins to ask questions, but she soon gets a warning to stop. It's obvious she's in danger, but why? What does the company want? How much can she trust the others in the house? Trapped in the remote house with no technology allowed, she realizes she must take drastic measures to find out the truth.… (more)

Loved this book! Interesting plot and kept me guessing. I didn’t see that end coming. I love how it all came together. Ending could have been more interesting, a more exciting job, but it’s still good. ( )
  BookGirlBrown | Dec 30, 2022 |
This book was so unique, right from the first page you are hooked. It starts in the most peculiar way, and you don't really know where it is going... but then things start to take off. And boy do they take off. This book was fast paced, with a plot that doesn't quit and an intense cast of characters. You definitely won't want to put it down, because you will have to know just how it ends. A very unconventional love story, filled with excitement and so many twists and turns. I give this book 4 out of 5 stars. ( )
  KKECReads | Oct 18, 2020 |
"You couldn't be any safer that if you were at Fort Knox. Trust me, no one can get to you here."
"If no one could get to me, it meant no one could save me."

Talk about multiple WTF moments!! I can't tell you how many times I asked myself what the heck was going on while I was reading this! A job too good to be true, an exorbitant salary, but with really , and I mean REALLY, strange contingencies. Six candidates, all from vastly different backgrounds, thrown together in a elegant cabin, and put through odd games and exercises, all hoping to prove to the nameless company that they, and they alone, deserve the spot.

It was like reading a reality show. I know that sounds weird but it's true!! I was reading episode 1 of Employment Survivor. Who is the cut-throat who would betray anyone to get the job? Who's lying to get the upper hand? Who's friend and who is foe? Who will be left standing, and what will become of the others?

Autumn "Lark" Sanders starts nosing around for answers to this mysterious job and the secrets the company seems to be hiding and I was questioning everything along with her. Are they in danger? If so, why? Are they all connected somehow and they don't know it? Is it all legit and she's just imagining it?

GAH!! I just didn't know! Then, the ending floored me!! I wasn't even close to figuring it out. I should be used to it by now. I've read nearly every one of this author's books and I have yet to figure out the ending before I finish! I have dubbed this author the Queen of Twists and Turns. Well, the Queen has raised her scepter and we should all bow down. Hail the Queen! ( )
  Shelly85 | May 11, 2020 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 182,863,528 books! | Top bar: Always visible