The Sword and the Sunflower by Mark Bradford

The Sword and the Sunflower (edition 2019)

by Mark Bradford (Author)

632,371,156 (4.67)None
A father who lost his heart. A traveller who lost his love. A girl who lost everything. All in a world turned upside down.
Member:lemonaleslie
Title:The Sword and the Sunflower
Authors:Mark Bradford (Author)
Info:Alchemy (2019), 410 pages
Collections:Your library, Currently reading

Work Information

The Sword and the Sunflower by Mark Bradford

This review was written for LibraryThing Member Giveaways.
Although not a big fan of fantasy, I do read the genre from time to time. I found this an enjoyable and compelling read. An introduction and explanation of this futuristic fantasy world help in understanding the story. Character development is excellent! Stojan, a stoic, demonstrates strength, quickness, and honesty. Throughout the long journey, numerous encounters and challenges to their final destination, Stojan, an assassin who has lost his daughter, teaches Anastazia who has just lost her father and allows her to grow and blossom. Both develop a strong father-daughter bond. Multiple encounters and challenges on their journey move the story quickly to a surprise and unexpected ending.

(I received this title through a member giveaway.) ( )
  SudsySue | Jul 7, 2020 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Member Giveaways.
I received a copy of this book in return for my honest review.

I DNF at 18%.
I'm not sure why, but I just couldn't get in to this book. The subject was interesting, and I found myself curious about the characters, but I just couldn't keep going. Maybe it just isn't my style, so I still recommend people try it for themselves.
  RachDani | Jul 2, 2020 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Member Giveaways.
Although I am still reading this book, I thought it better to get all my initial thoughts on this book down.
I'm not quite sure what I expected when I first started reading this book. A quaint little story? Perhaps a story reminiscent of king arthurs time? (Unfortunately that is the first thing that pops into my head after seeing the word 'sword' in the title. I blame BBC's Merlin). This book so far has definitely exceeded my initial expectations. Firstly, I love the witty introduction and the pronunciation guide is certainly helpful. From the first chapter it launches you into the story and from then on I was (am) gripped, completely entranced by this world that Bradford has created.
I may not finish this book any time soon but despite being long it is detailed and descriptive, allowing the reader to be completely swallowed by the events in the book.
My verdict so far? A jolly swell book

(I was given this book in Member giveaways on librarything) ( )
1 vote lemonaleslie | Jun 12, 2020 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,114,175 books! | Top bar: Always visible