Hidden in Plain Sight

by Jeffrey Archer

Series: William Warwick (2)

Hidden in Plain Sight is the second brilliant and captivating novel featuring William Warwick by the master storyteller and bestselling author of the Clifton Chronicles, Jeffrey Archer.William Warwick has been promoted to Detective Sergeant, but his promotion means that he, along with the rest of his team, have been reassigned to the Drugs Squad. They are immediately tasked with apprehending Ahmed Rashedi, a notorious drug dealer, who operates his extensive network out of South London.As the investigation progresses, William runs into enemies old and new: Adrian Heath, from his school days, now a street dealer who he convinces to turn informer; and financier Miles Faulkner, who makes a mistake that could finally see him put behind bars. Meanwhile, William and his fiancée Beth enjoy making preparations for their upcoming wedding, though an unpleasant surprise awaits them at the altar.As William's team closes the net around a criminal network like none they have ever faced before, he devises a trap they would never expect, one that is hidden in plain sight . . . With Jeffrey Archer's trademark twists and turns Hidden in Plain Sight is the extraordinary sequel to Nothing Ventured, the first novel featuring William Warwick.… (more)
Recently added byprivate library, Arena800, TGJS, Conway_Library, rick_innit, carole888fort

I am a big fan of Jeffrey Archer but I found "Hidden in Plain Sight" a bit of a slog. The plot was slow and it lacked the depth that was in the first book of this series. However, I must admit, I have read the fourth novel (a mistake) so I knew what was going to happen in the future. Therefore, there were no surprises for me in this instalment.

My favourite part of "Hidden in Plain Sight" was the court case led by William's father and seconded by his sister, Grace. Her questioning of Faulkner was excellent and there were a couple of one-liners that had me smiling. A solid read but not a great one. ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jun 18, 2022 |
William begins a new drug case that leads to a discovery that Faulkner will be buying drugs and the subsequent raid that leads to his arrest and trial with William's father and sister overseeing the prosecution. As the trial moves forward, William and his team continue to close in on a major drug kingpin, Rashidi, but struggle with how to raid the factory without Rashidi getting away. With several twist and turns in the 2 cases, William also copes with domestic surprises.
  4leschats | Jan 5, 2022 |
I'm SO happy that J. Archer is hard at work with this new series. I have the third one in my hands now that I have finished this excellent second installment!! ( )
  nyiper | Jul 7, 2021 |
I typically love Jeffrey Archer’s books, but this one was not my favorite. William Warwick has been promoted and is chasing after a drug lord as well as a man trying to cheat his son to be ex-wife out of her proceedings from the divorce.
Hopefully book 3 in this series will hold my interest better. ( )
  rmarcin | Apr 16, 2021 |
Another one for the bus to Bourke; warwick solves convoluted crime. ( )
  Brumby18 | Feb 21, 2021 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,119,033 books! | Top bar: Always visible