Hidden in Plain Sight: A Detective William…

Hidden in Plain Sight: A Detective William Warwick Novel (William Warwick Novels, 2) (edition 2020)

by Jeffrey Archer (Author)

Series: William Warwick (2)

Fiction. Literature. HTML:

Jeffrey Archer's Hidden in Plain Sight is the second novel featuring Detective William Warwick, by the master storyteller and #1 New York Times bestselling author of the Clifton Chronicles

William Warwick has been promoted to Detective Sergeant, but his promotion means that he, along with the rest of his team, have been reassigned to the Drugs Squad. They are immediately tasked with apprehending Ahmed Rashedi, a notorious drug dealer, who operates his extensive network out of South London.

As the investigation progresses, William runs into enemies old and new: Adrian Heath, from his school days, now a street dealer who he convinces to turn informer; and financier Miles Faulkner, who makes a mistake that could finally see him put behind bars. Meanwhile, William and his fiancée Beth enjoy making preparations for their upcoming wedding, though an unpleasant surprise awaits them at the altar.

As William's team closes the net around a criminal network like none they have ever faced before, he devises a trap they would never expect, one that is hidden in plain sight . . .

A Macmillan Audio production from St. Martin's Press… (more)

Member:TanyaShute-Davis
Title:Hidden in Plain Sight: A Detective William Warwick Novel (William Warwick Novels, 2)
Authors:Jeffrey Archer (Author)
Info:St. Martin's Press (2020), Edition: First Edition, 304 pages

Work Information

Hidden in Plain Sight by Jeffrey Archer

Suspense
  BooksInMirror | Feb 19, 2024 |
It has taken a while for me to get to the second in Archer’s William Warwick series but it was worthwhile. Archer is a great storyteller, although so far, this is not my favourite of his series. Nevertheless, I will be continuing to read and even though it concerns the rich elite and their problems, his stories can be addictive and entertaining. ( )
  VivienneR | Jan 17, 2024 |
Another amusing, exciting chapter in the continuing saga of Warwick v. Faulkner. ( )
  cathy.lemann | Mar 21, 2023 |
This is the second book in the William Warwick series. I enjoyed this one too. However, it was not on par with book one. The plot was a little slow in a few spots and I was hoping for a little bit more character development, especially for the secondary characters. Since I enjoyed it, and I'm looking forward to reading book two, I feel like I am kind of nit-picking. ( )
  purpledog | Feb 20, 2023 |
I am a big fan of Jeffrey Archer but I found "Hidden in Plain Sight" a bit of a slog. The plot was slow and it lacked the depth that was in the first book of this series. However, I must admit, I have read the fourth novel (a mistake) so I knew what was going to happen in the future. Therefore, there were no surprises for me in this instalment.

My favourite part of "Hidden in Plain Sight" was the court case led by William's father and seconded by his sister, Grace. Her questioning of Faulkner was excellent and there were a couple of one-liners that had me smiling. A solid read but not a great one. ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jun 18, 2022 |

Belongs to Series

To John and Margaret Ashley
The four of them sat around the table staring at the hamper.

Fiction. Literature. HTML:

A Macmillan Audio production from St. Martin's Press

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 206,329,271 books! | Top bar: Always visible