Don't sweat the small stuff-- and it's all…

Don't sweat the small stuff-- and it's all small stuff : simple ways to… (original 1997; edition 1997)

by Richard Carlson

Member:stpetelibrary
Title:Don't sweat the small stuff-- and it's all small stuff : simple ways to keep the little things from taking over your life
Authors:Richard Carlson
Info:New York : Hyperion, c1997.
Tags:Conduct of life

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff--And It's All Small Stuff by Richard Carlson (1997)

Very easy to read and goes down smooth.

This book is a short collection of 100 pieces of advice to help you stop obsessing over little things that bring you down. Using short stories and personal pieces of advice, Dr. Carlson talks about how to maintain an even keel on this boat called life. All of his advice is pretty applicable: put yourself in the other person's shoes, stop being so reactionary, take your time, live day to day... all of this advice is quite good, and has been repeated to no end.

I guess hearing the same advice so often could make it less effective, but I really found peace of mind in this little volume. ( )
  Floyd3345 | Jun 15, 2019 |
This is a book I've been hearing about and wanting to read for several years now, but I found it rather disappointing. The advice given in the book is nearly all advice I've heard before, and it almost all seems directed at the majority (say 80 percent) of people who do not seem to take proactive measures to direct their own lives. So this makes a fairly decent first read if one is starting to work on basic issues in one's life, but for more advanced problems, this book is a 'skim it quickly' book at best. Still, he did make some interesting quips. ( )
  FourFreedoms | May 17, 2019 |
  ShiraDest | Mar 6, 2019 |
The content does not match the title at all. other than the first chapter which focus on. on not sweating the small stuff, the rest of them are normal advices found in many books like be a better listener or be grateful.

The writing isn't very focused. The author mentioned lots of short tips but the author never mentioned what don't sweating the small stuff means. neither did he link his tips to small stuff ( )
  Jason.Ong.Wicky | Oct 9, 2018 |
Stories that reveal ways to calm down in the mist of our incredibly hurried, stress-filled life.
  SABC | Jan 2, 2017 |
I dedicate this book to my daughters, Jazzy and Kenna, who remind me every day how important it is to remember not to "sweat the small stuff." I love you both so much, Thank you for being just the way you are.
Whenever we're dealing with bad news, a difficult person, or a disappointment of some kind, most of us get into certain habits, ways of reacting to life--particularly adversity--that don't server us very well.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 073380084X, Mass Market Paperback)

Got a stress case in your life? Of course you do: "Without question, many of us have mastered the neurotic art of spending much of our lives worrying about a variety of things all at once." Carlson's cheerful book aims to make us stop and smell--if not roses--whatever is sitting in front of our noses. Don't Sweat the Small Stuff... offers 100 meditations designed to make you appreciate being alive, keep your emotions (especially anger and dissatisfaction) in proper perspective, and cherish other people as the unique miracles they are. It's an owner's manual of the heart, and if you follow the directions, you will be a happier, more harmonious person. Like Stairmasters, oat bran, and other things that are good for you, the meditations take discipline. Even so, some of the strategies are kind of fun: "Imagine the people in your life as tiny infants and as 100-year-old adults." The trouble is, once you start, it's hard to stop.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:00:55 -0400)

This groundbreaking inspirational guide--a classic in the self-help genre--shows you how to put challenges in perspective, reduce stress and anxiety through small daily changes, and find the path to achieving your goals. Among the insights it reveals are how to: Think of your problems as potential "teachers" Do one thing at a time Share glory with others Learn to trust your intuitions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,065,885 books! | Top bar: Always visible