dismiss

The Perfection of Fish

by J. S. Morrison

3None3,155,859 (5)None

No reviews
"Something about this novel piqued my interest, and I’m really glad that I requested it! Once I initially started this and got into it, I couldn’t put it down. The world building was done beautifully, and the narrative suckered me in! A precautionary tale about genetic engineering that was executed perfectly. If this interests you in the slightest, read it!"
added by J.S.Morrison | editNetGalley, Justine Frye (Jun 17, 2020)

“Provocative themes are conveyed in this highly imaginative, entertaining, and satirical work of speculative fiction.”
added by J.S.Morrison | editSublime Book Review, SBR (Jun 17, 2020)

"This has a cool premise and it's executed quite effectively via interesting characters and an imaginative plot, along with clever aspects and humor. I admire the author's creativity and writing skills and look forward to his next book."
added by J.S.Morrison | editNetGalley, Paul V. (Jun 16, 2020)

"Morrison has written a cautionary tale about genetic engineering. The story flowed smoothly. I enjoyed Morrison's sense of irony. It's a non-stop read."
added by J.S.Morrison | editNetGalley, Anthony Philo (Jun 16, 2020)

"The tantalizing twisted tale entangles many more unforgettable characters in a fishnet like plot that trawls for scientific theory and educated guesses. Chimera and Cherokee legend ensnare Berky, Cantor, Nadia's twin sister Diana, Marcy, and others in a traumatic web of deceit, murder, and subterfuge while trying to evade immigration agents, the mob and an AI system."

Everything you can imagine is real.
-- Pablo Picasso
For Patricia, the love of my life.
Once upon a time, before fish could talk and before the Canons of Cantor became more popular that the Bible, the Koran, or the Torah, there was a town nestled n the curl of a river where science and superstition blended as seamlessly as blue sky and the ridgeline of the Great Smoky Mountains.
What exactly happened depends on who you ask. When the possibilities intertwine like a hundred people having sex with a herd of goats, we call it a "barblefarb."
-- Canduka Cantor
At an abstract level, war is like sex. It's all about positioning.
-- Canduka Cantor
Reality is a dipsy doodle dancer.
-- Canduka Cantor
There was never a Lady Luck. It was always a man.
-- Canduka Cantor
Lies become reality if we believe them. Truth isn't truth.
-- Canduka Cantor

In 2042 America, an agoraphobic woman in an Appalachian ghost town fights misogynistic delusional men bent on destroying women’s rise to power by releasing a genetic virus that makes all females subservient slaves.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

J. S. Morrison's book The Perfection of Fish is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

J. S. Morrison is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 147,625,290 books! | Top bar: Always visible