Say You'll Be Nine by Lucy Lennox

Say You'll Be Nine (edition 2020)

by Lucy Lennox (Author)

Series: Say You'll Be Nine (1)

Member:pholbrook17
Title:Say You'll Be Nine
Authors:Lucy Lennox (Author)
Info:(2020), 274 pages
Collections:Audible

Work Information

Say You'll Be Nine by Lucy Lennox

I enjoyed this fun, light, gay-for-you romance. This is much less angsty than I expected considering the seriously ill brother, conservative family, and incompatible career goals tropes. 3.5 stars rounded up. ( )
  SamSpayedPI | Jan 9, 2022 |
This is adorable.
You should buy it.
I'll post a proper review later.

ETA
This was absolutely adorable. Perfectly romantic, fun, heartwarming, and heartbreaking too.
I loved Nine, a lumberjack of a man who does everything to make other people happy, even at the expense of his own happiness. His easy acceptance of his attraction to Cooper was lovely; there was no angst about loving a man just Nine giving himself over to the experience, aligning it with what he'd already considered about himself.
Highly recommended. And I'm off to add the audio to my wishlist. I'll be revisiting this one for sure. ( )
  Lillian_Francis | Jul 26, 2021 |
Noped out at 20% but it's a personal preference thing so I can see others enjoying this. First off, I'm irrationally angered by boundary-less families and people who let themselves be pushed around by this (looking at you, Nine). I will say that was just at the very beginning, but it made me view Nine as weak and a bit slow, not the super sweet and giving guy he was supposed to be. Also, I'm not super into the enemies-to-lovers trope, especially when there is both hate and lust at the same time. In this particular instance, it makes the characters seem too dramatic and mercurial. It's just too much work for me right now so I'm gonna pass. ( )
  Aug3Zimm | Jul 1, 2021 |
This is adorable.
You should buy it.
I'll post a proper review later.

ETA
  Lillian_Francis | Feb 24, 2021 |

ayoshina | Oct 2, 2020 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 165,882,103 books! | Top bar: Always visible