Romancing Mister Bridgerton (Bridgertons) by…

Romancing Mister Bridgerton (Bridgertons) (edition 2015)

by Julia Quinn (Author)

Penelope Featherington has secretly adored her best friend's brother for...well, it feels like forever. After half a lifetime of watching Colin Bridgerton from afar, she thinks she knows everything about him, until she stumbles across his deepest secret...and fears she doesn't know him at all. Colin Bridgerton is tired of being thought nothing but an empty-headed charmer, tired of everyone's preoccupation with the notorious gossip columnist Lady Whistledown, who can't seem to publish an edition without mentioning him in the first paragraph. But when Colin returns to London from a trip aboard he discovers nothing in his life is quite the same -- especially Penelope Featherington! The girl haunting his dreams. But when he discovers that Penelope has secrets of her own, this elusive bachelor must decide...is she his biggest threat -- or his promise of a happy ending?… (more)
Member:DeGroot-Nothnagel
Title:Romancing Mister Bridgerton (Bridgertons)
Authors:Julia Quinn (Author)
Info:Avon (2015), Edition: Reissue, 432 pages

Romancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia Quinn

English (73)  Italian (1)  All languages (74)
I liked this one better than the others, but only because Penelope is one of my favorite characters. Colin got a bit tiring with his self-pity about not being as accomplished as Lady Whistledown, but eventually got over it. ( )
  sanyamakadi | May 29, 2021 |
I was so ready for this book! Before I read the series - I watched the Netflix show and I ADORED PENELOPE. I wanted to see her snag Colin Bridgerton soo bad. Imagine my delight when I realized that this fourth installment follows the man himself, Colin, and the woman he may or may not be fast friends with, Penelope. In this book we also get a major shocking reveal that impacts the whole Bridgerton universe, we discover the identity of Lady Whistledown (again if you watched the show - they already gave that away). A slow burn and for two of my favorite characters. I love this whole series and I can't wait to read the next one! ( )
  ecataldi | May 20, 2021 |
When I read this, I hadn't read the previous three novels in the series (and so the anticipation surrounding the identity of Whistledown wasn't as heightened in me), but regardless, it was a very delightful read! It was a very sweet romance.

It was a nice read. I went and got more in the series. :) ( )
  amybear | May 8, 2021 |
I liked the book up until towards the end when the Lady Whistledown stuff needed to be resolved. I really didn't care about that so much and Colin was making it into too big of an issue. I loved the character of Penelope and I'm glad she got her happiliy ever after. ( )
  sdbookhound | Apr 22, 2021 |
Such a sweet romance. ( )
  pearlbaguette | Apr 21, 2021 |

Quinn, Juliaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Landor, RosalynReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Brito, AmeliaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Deppisch, M.Translatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Desthuilliers, CécileTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lingsminat, Petrasecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Zvěřinová, ZdeňkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For the women on avonloop, colleagues and friends all--thanks for giving me someone to talk to all day long. Your support and friendship have meant more to me than I could ever say.
And for Paul, even though the closest thing you'd ever find to a romance in his field is a lecture called "The Kiss of Death."
On the sixth of April, in the year 1812--precisely two days before her sixteenth birthday--Penelope Featherington fell in love.
" I love you," he said, leaning forward to kiss her. And this time she couldn't reply, because his mouth remained on hers, hungry, demanding, and very, very seductive.

GenreThing

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,276,350 books! | Top bar: Always visible