Romancing Mr. Bridgerton by Julia Quinn

Romancing Mr. Bridgerton (edition 2006)

by Julia Quinn

A New York Times Bestseller From #1 New York Times bestselling author Julia Quinn comes the story of Colin Bridgerton and Penelope Featherington, in the fourth of her beloved Regency-set novels featuring the charming, powerful Bridgerton family, now a series created by Shondaland for Netflix. COLIN AND PENELOPE'S STORY Penelope Featherington has secretly adored her best friend's brother for . . . well, it feels like forever. After half a lifetime of watching Colin Bridgerton from afar, she thinks she knows everything about him, until she stumbles across his deepest secret . . . and fears she doesn't know him at all. Colin Bridgerton is tired of being thought of as nothing but an empty-headed charmer, tired of the notorious gossip columnist Lady Whistledown, who can't seem to publish an edition without mentioning him. But when Colin returns to London from a trip abroad, he discovers nothing in his life is quite the same--especially Penelope Featherington! The girl who was always simply there is suddenly the girl haunting his dreams. When he discovers that Penelope has secrets of her own, this elusive bachelor must decide . . . is she his biggest threat-- or his promise of a happy ending?… (more)
Member:littlebookworm
Title:Romancing Mr. Bridgerton
Authors:Julia Quinn
Info:Piatkus Books (2006), Paperback, 320 pages
Tags:historical romance, read 2009

Work Information

Romancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia Quinn

English (79)  Italian (1)  All languages (80)
Ever since the first book, I declared Colin my favorite Bridgerton brother and boy was I not wrong!
I absolutely love him!
Penelope is an absolutely adorable cinnamon roll and I just cannot explain how much I love her!

Give them a book together and it results in me fangirling my heart out every two seconds.

This was so far my favorite book in the series and I believe I would be revisiting it at some point even if I don't reread the entire series.

I really enjoyed reading from both Pen and Colin's points of view, and I feel like there wasn't a dull moment in this book, although I had moments where I wanted to whack Colin on the head for being too thick!

One of my favorite elements in this story was Colin's struggle to find himself and him dealing with his jealousy of his wife because she did find her calling and was great at it!

I do hope that at some point in the next books, we get a glimpse of what happened after Colin's announcement at Daphne's ball.

Overall this was a very enjoyable book and I'm pumped to read the rest. ( )
  Ray_ | Jan 19, 2022 |
The Bridgerton clan continues to grow as several members have wed and begun families of their own. Penelope has been wallflower for over a decade while the man she secretly loves, Colin, travels the world. However, when Colin returns he finds himself inextricably drawn to Penelope and wondering why he hadn't noticed not only her beauty but her wit and intellect. In the interim, Lady Danbury issues to a challenge to unmasking Lady Whistledown who has remained a secret but essential ton figure.
  4leschats | Jan 5, 2022 |
This is definitely an improvement to the series. Colin is by no means a favourite hero, behaving in quite an immature manner for much of the book, but he grew into a really good man. I appreciated seeing not only a long-time unrequited love come to exist, but to also see that in such a relationship at some point that person will fall from their pedestal and how they can learn to love each other better for it. This was a truly lovely story. ( )
  ChelseaVK | Dec 10, 2021 |
I think that this was my favorite of the Bridgerton series yet. It was still rather repetitive in the writing, but I found it to be more fun than the others. ( )
  klcarmack | Nov 12, 2021 |
The story of childhood friends Penelope and Colin is my favourite of the Bridgerton series so far! ( )
  Amzzz | Oct 4, 2021 |

Quinn, Juliaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Landor, RosalynReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Brito, AmeliaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Deppisch, M.Translatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Desthuilliers, CécileTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lingsminat, Petrasecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Zvěřinová, ZdeňkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For the women on avonloop, colleagues and friends all--thanks for giving me someone to talk to all day long. Your support and friendship have meant more to me than I could ever say.
And for Paul, even though the closest thing you'd ever find to a romance in his field is a lecture called "The Kiss of Death."
On the sixth of April, in the year 1812--precisely two days before her sixteenth birthday--Penelope Featherington fell in love.
" I love you," he said, leaning forward to kiss her. And this time she couldn't reply, because his mouth remained on hers, hungry, demanding, and very, very seductive.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,137,401 books! | Top bar: Always visible