Lore by Alexandra Bracken

Lore (original 2021; edition 2021)

by Alexandra Bracken (Author)

For centuries, Zeus has punished the gods with a game called the Agon, which turns them mortal for one week, and at the mercy of being hunted by those with godly ambitions. Only a handful of the original Greek gods remain, the rest replaced by the mortals who killed them and ascended. After her family's sadistic murder by a rival bloodline, Lore escapes and vows to repay her parents' sacrifice by doing one thing - surviving. For seven years, she has pushed back dark thoughts of revenge against the man responsible for their murder, a man by the name of Wrath who has attained unimaginable power. Except for one week, every seven years. A week that is fast approaching. When Lore comes home on the first night of the Agon to find Athena gravely wounded on her doorstep, the goddess offers her an alliance; they have a mutual enemy, after all. But as the world trembles under the force of Wrath - a god with the power to destroy all of humanity - will Lore's decision to bind her fate with Athena's come back to haunt her?… (more)
Member:moehara
Title:Lore
Authors:Alexandra Bracken (Author)
Info:Disney-Hyperion (2021), 480 pages

Work Information

Lore by Alexandra Bracken (2021)

such a fun read, very action packed! ( )
  Aubslynn22 | May 2, 2022 |
I started off really loving this book but by the end I was disappointed. I loved Lore's personality and her attitude to get through whatever is thrown at her. Van and Miles' interactions were super cute and I loved seeing Castor and Lore reconnect. The pacing was sporadic and there were too many flashbacks for my liking. I felt like some of the flashbacks could have been replaced with Lore explaining the past to one of her friends or Athena. The ending felt like a cop out to me/the felt rushed for a stand alone book. I would probably reread this book but it's not one of my top books of this year 3.5/5 ( )
  Carrena | Apr 28, 2022 |
Did Not finish book: Tried reading in March 2021
These things in the book may trigger you: Gore, Rape, Cancer, Pedophilia
This book fell flat for me, found it quite dull . The information dumping was excessive and I just couldn't get into it. Thats what i find with Alex Bracken books. ( )
  crazynerd | Mar 30, 2022 |
"It's not always the truth that survives, but the stories we wish to believe. The legends lie."

My Percy Jackson loving heart loved this book: The mythology, the conflict, the plot-twists, just everything about it.

My only complaint (as with most things I read) is that I want more.

At this point I think it's safe to say: If Alexandra Bracken writes it, I will read it. ( )
  thinktink93 | Jan 30, 2022 |
Athena and Lore though>>> ( )
  yulissaeuceda_ | Jan 21, 2022 |
For my Greek family. Σας αγαπώ όλους. (translation: I love you all)
He woke to the feeling of rough ground beneath him and the stench of mortal blood.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 171,771,277 books! | Top bar: Always visible