Lore by Alexandra Bracken

Lore (original 2021; edition 2021)

by Alexandra Bracken (Author)

Fantasy. Young Adult Fiction. HTML:

From the #1 New York Times best-selling author of The Darkest Minds comes a sweepingly ambitious, high-octane tale of power, destiny, love, and redemption.

Every seven years, the Agon begins. As punishment for a past rebellion, nine Greek gods are forced to walk the earth as mortals. They are hunted by the descendants of ancient bloodlines, all eager to kill a god and seize their divine power and immortality.

Long ago, Lore Perseous fled that brutal world, turning her back on the hunt's promises of eternal glory after her family was murdered by a rival line. For years she's pushed away any thought of revenge against the man??now a god??responsible for their deaths.

Yet as the next hunt dawns over New York City, two participants seek her out: Castor, a childhood friend Lore believed to be dead, and Athena, one of the last of the original gods, now gravely wounded.

The goddess offers an alliance against their mutual enemy and a way to leave the Agon behind forever. But Lore's decision to rejoin the hunt, binding her fate to Athena's, will come at a deadly cost??and it may not be enough to stop the rise of a new god with the power to bring humanity to its kn… (more)

Member:Alorasays
Title:Lore
Authors:Alexandra Bracken (Author)
Info:Disney-Hyperion (2021), 576 pages
Rating:***

Work Information

Lore by Alexandra Bracken (2021)

English (42)  Spanish (1)  All languages (43)
Amazing! Really great!! Definitely a good read. ( )
  prebs29 | Jul 6, 2024 |
Summary: Meet Lore Perseous, not the hero of ancient lore, but a fierce survivor of a deadly game that pits gods and their scions against each other every seven years. After abandoning the dangerous world of the Agon, Lore finds herself pulled back into the chaos when a childhood friend seeks her help. As she navigates the treacherous game, Lore discovers secrets that could shake the foundations of Olympus itself.

Pros:
  pools_of_words | Jan 30, 2024 |
I'm a sucker for a mythology retelling, I have a definite bias towards them. That being said, all bias aside, this book was incredible. It took Greek mythology and turned it into something that I don't think I've ever read before. The world building that took place inside a location I'm already familiar with was expert. The characters were easy to get to know and care for (or in MANY cases, hate). I loved that there was a lot of grey in the book, rather than just simple black and white good and evil. Although, there was a lot of obvious bad. ( )
  lindywilson | Jan 3, 2024 |
* I got this book for review from the publisher*

I rarely read standalone, but overall this was such a great novel. I loved how much this story was told. I loved how alex transformed the greek world and made it mix between percy jackson and hunger games in some way. I also loved how she featured some of my favorite elements like a boy best friend, NYC as a backdrop, blast from the past romance, and found family. I really loved this world and these characters and the Villian and how this book ended was awesome. I really loved this read. ( )
  lmauro123 | Dec 28, 2023 |
* I got this book for review from the publisher*

lmauro123 | Dec 28, 2023 |
For my Greek family. Σας αγαπώ όλους. (translation: I love you all)
He woke to the feeling of rough ground beneath him and the stench of mortal blood.

Fantasy. Young Adult Fiction. HTML:

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,350,153 books! | Top bar: Always visible