HomeGroupsTalkExplore

'Jodi Taylor is quite simply the Queen of Time. Her books are a swashbuckling joyride through History' C. K. MCDONNELL 'A great mix of British properness and humour with a large dollop of historical fun' ***** BOOK 12 IN THE INTERNATIONALLY BESTSELLING CHRONICLES OF ST MARY'S SERIES For fans of Jasper Fforde, Doctor Who, Genevieve Cogman and Richard Osman's Thursday Murder Club --- 'It's time, Max.' And so, a whole new chapter opens up... It's long been known that if a thing can go wrong, it will. With knobs on, usually. Disasters start to pile up. A new colleague with no respect for the past and a great deal to prove. Historians lost in time. And - worst of all - Rosie Lee on her very first jump. Then there's the small matter of Max's dishonourable discharge. From Tudor England to the Tower of Babel - it's all going horribly wrong. Jobless and homeless, Max receives an offer she can't refuse. Another time, another place. A refuge, perhaps. She's got that wrong, too. Readers love Jodi Taylor: 'Once in a while, I discover an author who changes everything... Jodi Taylor and her protagonista Madeleine "Max" Maxwell have seduced me' 'Addictive. I wish St Mary's was real and I was a part of it' 'Jodi Taylor has an imagination that gets me completely hooked' 'A tour de force'… (more)

Chronicles of St. Mary's Book 12)
  SueJBeard | Jan 8, 2023 |
Max is on a rampage. Dr. Baistow is dead and his replacement is a real problem. Markham his family, her own family are gone. What is a woman to do? She is going to fix things, of course. Not this time. Some unforced errors, Baistow dead but unmourned for example. Perhaps it is time to move on to the Time Police. ( )
  jamespurcell | Mar 4, 2022 |
Another Time, Another Place -Taylor
Audio performance by Zara Ramm
3 stars

I keep reading this series even though I am frequently annoyed by the repetition, the bad puns, the lack of continuity, and occasional plot holes. This time I was annoyed that the all knowing powers-that-be continue to manipulate Max. I was also frustrated with Max. It’s about time that she catches on to the fact that someone is always preventing her from seeing the big picture. ( )
  msjudy | Dec 22, 2021 |
Markham must leave with his wife and baby daughter, and his replacement Hyssop does not make herself any friends at St. Mary's. Leon takes Mathew and the tea-pot duo with the archives to a safety just before ---- well, let's say if anything can go wrong... I was not surprised by the major developments, but the details were almost as engaging as ever. ( )
  quondame | Aug 4, 2021 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 182,861,514 books! | Top bar: Always visible