The Atlas Six (Atlas series, 1) by Olivie…

The Atlas Six (Atlas series, 1) (edition 2022)

by Olivie Blake (Autor)

Series: Atlas Series (1)

"The much-acclaimed BookTok sensation, Olivie Blake's The Atlas Six--now newly revised and edited with additional content. The tag #theatlassix has millions of views on TikTok A dark academic debut fantasy with an established cult following that reads like THE SECRET HISTORY meets THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY The first in an explosive trilogy The Alexandrian Society, caretakers of lost knowledge from the greatest civilizations of antiquity, are the foremost secret society of magical academicians in the world. Those who earn a place among the Alexandrians will secure a life of wealth, power, and prestige beyond their wildest dreams, and each decade, only the six most uniquely talented magicians are selected to be considered for initiation. Enter the latest round of six: Libby Rhodes and Nico de Varona, unwilling halves of an unfathomable whole, who exert uncanny control over every element of physicality. Reina Mori, a naturalist, who can intuit the language of life itself. Parisa Kamali, a telepath who can traverse the depths of the subconscious, navigating worlds inside the human mind. Callum Nova, an empath easily mistaken for a manipulative illusionist, who can influence the intimate workings of a person's inner self. Finally, there is Tristan Caine, who can see through illusions to a new structure of reality-an ability so rare that neither he nor his peers can fully grasp its implications. When the candidates are recruited by the mysterious Atlas Blakely, they are told they will have one year to qualify for initiation, during which time they will be permitted preliminary access to the Society's archives and judged based on their contributions to various subjects of impossibility: time and space, luck and thought, life and death. Five, they are told, will be initiated. One will be eliminated. The six potential initiates will fight to survive the next year of their lives, and if they can prove themselves to be the best among their rivals, most of them will. Most of them."--… (more)
Member:davethart
Title:The Atlas Six (Atlas series, 1)
Authors:Olivie Blake (Autor)
Info:Tor (2022), Edition: Main Market, 576 pages
Collections:Wishlist

Work Information

The Atlas Six by Olivie Blake

3,5 stars but let's be generous and round up.

The ending promises more interesting things for the sequel, but this was mostly just about intro to the world and the characters, and setting the stage for the actual plot.

For all that actually happened in this one, the book was overly long winded. The characters were pretty unlikeable all around, with maybe the exception of Gideon.

The book was very easy to read though, and reminded me that I actually do enjoy urban fantasy and should probably read it more often. ( )
  tuusannuuska | Dec 1, 2022 |
Could have been good. Couldn’t engage with it. The characters and the development was interesting. ( )
  aadyer | Nov 21, 2022 |
Every decade the top 6 mages are selected to collaborate and protect the Library of Alexandria, while simultaneously competing against each other for the 5 available spots as part of the Alexandrian Society.

The Atlas Six is an adult fiction founded in magic and dark academia. I was skeptical of the 6 perspectives but Olivie Blake does a phenomenal job maintaining perspective changes and chapter organization. I typically read young adult novels and I feel it hindered my enjoyment of the novel slightly. At times, it was hard for me to distinguish between past and present. After a “warm up” I was able to enjoy the book much more.

In honor of "The Atlas Paradox" release, I did reread "The Atlas Six." This time as an audio book that was done full cast. I enjoyed it just as much the second time. ( )
  RandyMorgan | Nov 17, 2022 |
The Alexandrian Society is a secret society of magical academicians, the best in the world. Their members are caretakers of lost knowledge from the greatest civilizations of antiquity. And those who earn a place among their number will secure a life of wealth, power, and prestige beyond their wildest dreams. Each decade, the world’s six most uniquely talented magicians are selected for initiation – and here are the chosen few...

- Libby Rhodes and Nicolás Ferrer de Varona: inseparable enemies, cosmologists who can control matter with their minds.
- Reina Mori: a naturalist who can speak the language of life itself.
- Parisa Kamali: a mind reader whose powers of seduction are unmatched.
- Tristan Caine: the son of a crime kingpin who can see the secrets of the universe.
- Callum Nova: an insanely rich pretty boy who could bring about the end of the world. He need only ask.

When the candidates are recruited by the mysterious Atlas Blakely, they are told they must spend one year together to qualify for initiation. During this time, they will be permitted access to the Society’s archives and judged on their contributions to arcane areas of knowledge. Five, they are told, will be initiated. One will be eliminated. If they can prove themselves to be the best, they will survive. Most of them.
  rachelprice14 | Nov 14, 2022 |
I don't even know how to start this review. I was excited for this book but I couldn't ever imagine how great this would be. When you're reading something that's already at 95% and you still doesn't know what's happening for sure either this book is completely worthless or it's genius. This one is clearly genius.
Blake it's not only an amazing writer and storytelling but also absurdly intelligent. I wish we could be friends but I know that I would never feel like I was enough.
This book is art. ( )
  Tratiezone | Nov 8, 2022 |

Belongs to Series

to my physicist boy
and my starry-eyed girl

and to LORD OLIVER,
for all the punches.
To my physicist boy and my starry-eyed girl
and to Lord Oliver, for all the punches.
PERHAPS IT WAS A TIRED THING, all the references the world had already made to the Ptolemaic Royal Library of Alexandria.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,141,888 books! | Top bar: Always visible