Atlas Six (Atlas Series, 1) by Olivie Blake

Atlas Six (Atlas Series, 1) (edition 2022)

by Olivie Blake (Author)

Series: Atlas Series (1)

"The much-acclaimed BookTok sensation, Olivie Blake's The Atlas Six--now newly revised and edited with additional content. The tag #theatlassix has millions of views on TikTok A dark academic debut fantasy with an established cult following that reads like THE SECRET HISTORY meets THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY The first in an explosive trilogy The Alexandrian Society, caretakers of lost knowledge from the greatest civilizations of antiquity, are the foremost secret society of magical academicians in the world. Those who earn a place among the Alexandrians will secure a life of wealth, power, and prestige beyond their wildest dreams, and each decade, only the six most uniquely talented magicians are selected to be considered for initiation. Enter the latest round of six: Libby Rhodes and Nico de Varona, unwilling halves of an unfathomable whole, who exert uncanny control over every element of physicality. Reina Mori, a naturalist, who can intuit the language of life itself. Parisa Kamali, a telepath who can traverse the depths of the subconscious, navigating worlds inside the human mind. Callum Nova, an empath easily mistaken for a manipulative illusionist, who can influence the intimate workings of a person's inner self. Finally, there is Tristan Caine, who can see through illusions to a new structure of reality-an ability so rare that neither he nor his peers can fully grasp its implications. When the candidates are recruited by the mysterious Atlas Blakely, they are told they will have one year to qualify for initiation, during which time they will be permitted preliminary access to the Society's archives and judged based on their contributions to various subjects of impossibility: time and space, luck and thought, life and death. Five, they are told, will be initiated. One will be eliminated. The six potential initiates will fight to survive the next year of their lives, and if they can prove themselves to be the best among their rivals, most of them will. Most of them."--… (more)
Member:sbcbluetx
Title:Atlas Six (Atlas Series, 1)
Authors:Olivie Blake (Author)
Info:Tor Trade (2022), Edition: Reprint, 416 pages

Work Information

The Atlas Six by Olivie Blake

😕 meh ( )
  archivesman | May 1, 2023 |
Incredible. Going to make this book my entire personality for a while now. I'm so glad I read this when the sequel came out so I don't have to languish. ( )
  abhkolo | Apr 25, 2023 |
Well, it sounded like something I'd like, but after 60percent of the book, I really don't care enough to finish. No characters I like, and it's mostly psychological manipulation between them that's the focus rather than the magic and the interesting idea of the magical society. ( )
  majkia | Mar 29, 2023 |
Couldn't get into it so I just couldn't finish it. The characters are pretentious and none of them are even remotely likeable. ( )
  ALeighPete | Mar 10, 2023 |
I'm giving this a 1.5 and rounding it up to 2 purely because I loved the talking plants.

Look, quite often when we go into a book our enjoyment is significantly affected by our expectations. This book did not meet my expectations so I did not enjoy it. This is not based on reviews or ratings but my own expectations for this novel based on it's blurb.

"The Alexandrian Society is a secret society of magical academicians, the best in the world...each decade, the world’s six most uniquely talented magicians are selected for initiation."

Was I wrong to expect the initiation would involve displays of magical capability in a competitive environment? Maybe, maybe not. I definitely didn't expect 90% of the book to be people sitting around moaning about who they trust and don't trust, or who should be eliminated or not, or who was more powerful or not, or how their magic worked or didn't, and which candidates they wanted to 'rub magical sticks' with or not.

It is such a shame because the beginning was so very promising and then the final 5 minutes piqued my interest again, but I can't see myself continuing on for fear of a repeat of the disappointment and boredom I felt with this book. Please read other reviews as there are lots of people who loved this. I did not. ( )
  Mrs_Tapsell_Bookzone | Feb 14, 2023 |

Belongs to Series

to my physicist boy
and my starry-eyed girl

and to LORD OLIVER,
for all the punches.
To my physicist boy and my starry-eyed girl
and to Lord Oliver, for all the punches.
PERHAPS IT WAS A TIRED THING, all the references the world had already made to the Ptolemaic Royal Library of Alexandria.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 188,565,762 books! | Top bar: Always visible