The Trials of Uwe: Parts I, II, and III by…

The Trials of Uwe: Parts I, II, and III (edition 2020)

by Stephen L Masia (Author)

742,134,932 (2.75)None
The Trials of Uwe is a coming-of-age story about a wizard who has been trained since birth to take his role. Even with all his preparation, he finds himself lacking. Unlike other coming-of-age stories, this tale teaches us that no matter how well prepared you are, the challenges of life can overwhelm you. Only by sharing your skills with others can you overcome such situations. Emotional loss can cloud our judgment and can result in conceit. The Trials of Uwe reflects on loss and redemption, how friendships can be formed with your enemies, universal issues relating to life and death, ego, murder, slavery, lies, and deception. We are reminded that with the help of friends and teamwork, all obstacles can be overcome. About the AuthorSteven L. Masia a research scientist, with a B.S. in Ceramic Engineering, a B.A. in Mathematics from Alfred University, and a Master's in Material Science from M.I.T. He has worked in the paper and construction industries for the last 32 years. He also has several published patents and several awards from InnoCentive. Steven lives in Amish Country in Pennsylvania with his beautiful handicapped wife, who has had numerous stokes and whose left side is mostly paralyzed. He also lives with his angelic daughter, who at 29 years old has taken the job of caring for her mother on daily basis.… (more)
Member:lemonaleslie
Title:The Trials of Uwe: Parts I, II, and III
Authors:Stephen L Masia (Author)
Info:Dorrance Publishing Co. (2020), 426 pages
Collections:Wishlist

Work Information

The Trials of Uwe: Parts I, II, and III by Stephen L Masia

No tags

I think this book has some interesting ideas that it wants to share. But overall it was very confusing and sadly I just could not get into it. ( )
  Kea142 | Jul 4, 2022 |
I really like how the setting is, but the book did get a but boring after a while. ( )
  bruhitserica121 | Nov 1, 2021 |
Funny, imaginative, and aware. I loved the way this book addressed current issues; it really enhanced my experience with the book. I am glad that I had the opportunity to read this book (also glad that I now have a book with such a cool cover). Thank you to LibraryThing and Mr. Masia for the opportunity to read and review this book. ( )
  AvaGuerra | Jan 4, 2021 |
I won a copy in exchange for a review from a giveaway posted to LibraryThing.

As my friends say, I've been reversed uno-ed. I was intrigued by the messages that Steven Masia wanted to portray before I started reading. Unfortunately, I don't think he was successful in that journey.

Here's why

Writing:
Did not flow. The POVs were bland and unconnectable. Words were unnecessarily used on repeat ex. He was taught ___. Taught___ . And taught____. All within one paragraph. Also, during an intimate scene, I would refrain from using the term "juices." I don't know about you but, my brain pictured a slip n slide at one point.

World:
I was confused and still am confused. Personally, I feel like all the typical creatures found in fantasy books were just tossed into this book just to be put in -if that makes sense. I'm going to tentatively say there was not much (if any) world-building. Anything beyond being generic, I missed.

Characters:
Bland, confusing, flat. We are told about the characters, but we do not see and feel their experiences.

Magic:
From what I gleaned, there was no magic system. There was magic but, it was magic without boundaries and therefore uninteresting. This made me wonder what the point even was.

Some Extra Things I Just Didn't Understand:
- UN
- The uterus
-Magic/Holograms
- Dragon mistress
-Vector- What is the reasoning behind his choices? I wanted a better explanation. ( )
  SarahRichards | Dec 13, 2020 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,111,437 books! | Top bar: Always visible