Marauder (The Oregon Files) by Clive Cussler

Marauder (The Oregon Files) (edition 2020)

by Clive Cussler (Author)

Series: Oregon Files (15)

Member:1Oldman12
Title:Marauder (The Oregon Files)
Authors:Clive Cussler (Author)
Info:G.P. Putnam's Sons (2020), Edition: First Edition, 384 pages

Marauder by Clive Cussler

After a member of the team is crippled in a gas attack Juan and team must stop territory from carrying out an even bigger attack. A fun read. ( )
  dswaddell | May 5, 2021 |
I haven't read the previous book when the Oregon was destroyed, but each of these books stands alone nicely. The Corporation has a brand new Oregon, even more spectacular than the first Oregon. On her maiden voyage, the Corporation stop a an attack on a oil tanker. The team discovers that there is a paralyzing chemical that will be released but do not know when or where. One of Juan's crew members has come in contact with the gas paralyzing him. Now Juan is on a time crunch finding the anecdote. Their adventures take them to Christmas Island and Australia. ( )
  travelgal | Jan 27, 2021 |
Clive Cussler and Boyd Morrison hit another one out of the park with the latest (#15) in the Oregon Files series.

In "Marauder," Juan Cabrillo, Chairman of the Corporation, and the crew of his magnificent kickass ship, the Oregon, scramble to stop terrorists from unleashing a chemical weapon on millions of people. When one of the Oregon crew is exposed to the weapon, Juan and his team race against time to find an antidote to save not only their fellow crew member but also millions of innocent people. What I love about the Oregon series is how well the members of the Corporation work together. Juan, Linc, MacD, Julia, Eric, Murphy, Eddie, Raven, Linda, Max -- all are equally important on all their missions, and I love reading about all of them with their distinctive personalities and how they do their jobs. And in "Marauder," the Corporation is joined by Murphy's sister Sylvia, a physicist.

I don't know how much involvement Cussler had with this book, as he died in February 2020, and this book was published in November 2020. Regardless, this reads in typical Cussler/Morrison fashion - LOTS of action and just plain adventurous fun. Morrison has been Cussler's co-author of the Oregon series since book #10, so I'd like to think that he could probably continue this series on his own, if he wanted to. The Oregon series is my favorite of all the Clive Cussler solo and co-authored series, so I hope that Morrison will take up the mantle and keep the series going! ( )
1 vote niaomiya | Dec 27, 2020 |
I want to be on the Oregon. I want my own cabin (furnished with the Corporation's allowance!). Ahh ( )
  xKayx | Dec 14, 2020 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,389,637 books! | Top bar: Always visible