What Lies Hidden: A Gripping Psychological…

by Fran McDonnell (Author)

Member:lemonaleslie
Title:What Lies Hidden: A Gripping Psychological Thriller That Will Have You At The Edge Of Your Seat
Authors:Fran McDonnell (Author)
Info:Poolbeg Press (2020), Edition: 1, 426 pages
Collections:Read
Tags:Earlyreviewers, july2020

Work Information

What Lies Hidden: A Gripping Psychological Thriller That Will Have You At The Edge Of Your Seat by Fran McDonnell

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I read this as an early reviewer and found the book well written, enjoyable and fun to read. It says in the title that it is a gripping thriller. It was a mystery with some interesting twists and turns, but I figured out early on what was going on and have to say that the only “gripping” part of the story was the garden scene and even then I somehow knew what would transpire. After watching many television mysteries on PBS and BBC, transferring the thrill and suspense experienced watching a mystery takes skill in the written word to create that same suspense. But still, this was well done and I liked it! ( )
  SudsySue | Sep 22, 2020 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This was a nice read with the main character Isobel assisting in solving a murder. There were definitely some unrealistic parts to the book but the story overall held my interest. ( )
  BethPete | Sep 21, 2020 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received a copy of this book for LibraryThing Early Reviewers and I just don't know how to categorize it. It was an easy read and relatively enjoyable but it was not very suspenseful or thrilling. I found it to be very predictable. I kept hoping for plot twists that never came.

It's my understanding that this is the author's debut novel, and while this isn't a story that will keep me thinking about it long after putting it down, I think she has a lot of potential. I would definitely give her future work a read. ( )
  RedWingsMommy | Sep 5, 2020 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I picked What Lies Hidden because of it has an interesting plot. It was an enjoyable read with strong female characters. The dialogue was sometimes unrealistic and the time was going quite fast knowing that in real it would take so much more to move forward, the story still can pull in the reader. ( )
  Chesster1 | Aug 22, 2020 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Written for librarything early reviewers. Brilliant thriller mystery with likable character and many plot twists. Definitely recommend it. ( )
  lemonaleslie | Aug 16, 2020 |

Genres

No genres

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,219,590 books! | Top bar: Always visible