The Origin of Plants: The People and Plants…

by Maggie Campbell-Culver (Author)

51None378,363 (4.5)None
In AD 1000 Britain had only a few hundred indigenous plants and many of the species we take for granted in our gardens and parks were as yet unknown in the UK. Over the past millennium, plant hunters have introduced what we now consider everyday plants, such as rhododendrons from China and gladiolus from Africa and exotics such as the monkey puzzle tree from Brazil. Respected garden historian Maggie Campbell-Culver has researched the provenance and often strange stories of many of the thousands of plants which add colour and beauty to our gardens to produce a gorgeous and valuable book.… (more)
Member:RBLaycock
Title:The Origin of Plants: The People and Plants That Have Shaped Britain's Garden History Since the Year 1000
Authors:Maggie Campbell-Culver (Author)
Info:Headline (2002), 260 pages

The Origin of Plants: The People and Plants That Have Shaped Britain's Garden History Since the Year 1000 by Maggie Campbell-Culver

No reviews

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,775,257 books! | Top bar: Always visible