Shoe Addicts Anonymous by Beth Harbison

Shoe Addicts Anonymous

by Beth Harbison

427None24,681 (3.53)12
Recently added bytbaez, ComicGirl178, private library, koushnouk, ChristinaRegina, Etrippler, stylishboots
    The Sweet Potato Queens' First Big-Ass Novel: Stuff We Didn't Actually Do, but Could Have, and May Yet by Karin Gillespie (emania)
    emania: This is a book about women coming together to give each other support in getting through life - a book about growing into better people, as well as learning to love who you are. I think these are very much the same kind of themes as Shoe Addicts Anonymous...except with a bit of a Southern drawl.… (more)

Fast, fun read. Enjoyable book for what it is. ( )
  stylishboots | Feb 6, 2014 |
I hadn't heard of this book before seeing it at the library a few weeks ago, so I didn't go into it thinking that it would be great or awful and it didn't offer me some great surprise when I realized it was neither. It's an okay piece of chick lit. It took me a while to get into it, which seems a bit messed up for a work in that genre. Chick lit is supposed to be mindless fun, and this wasn't.

The characters were interesting, but there wasn't really any structure to the story. Going back and forth between four different main characters and having to remember each one's separate storyline was a bit too tedious. Sometimes a story with a focus on multiple main characters is a great thing, i.e. The Help. In this case, it felt like Harbison couldn't commit to who she wanted as the lead and how she wanted the story to unfold.

I don't know that this story could have been better, so I guess my word of warning to anyone who has yet to read it is to not get their hopes up if they feel frustrated early on. It does get a little stronger after those first couple of chapters, but not much. Honestly, there are so many other chick lit stories out there that are so much better than this one. ( )
  janersm | Sep 19, 2013 |
Finished it this morning. Really enjoyed it. Just a fun read. yes it was bit how do you say that, where those things do not happen in real life, but I had fun non the less.
Might want to get my hands on the other book by this author. ( )
  Marlene-NL | Apr 12, 2013 |
A fun, breezy book ( )
  artwench | Sep 27, 2012 |
Nice fun quick read. Not deep at all. Some of the character's secrets were a little surprising, but everything wraps us so nicely in the end. ( )
  MsNikki | Dec 8, 2011 |

Four different women. One common shoe size. And a shared lust for fabulous footwear.

Helene Zaharis’s politician husband keeps her on a tight leash and cancels her credit cards as a way of controlling her. Lorna Rafferty is up to her eyeballs in debt and can’t stop her addiction to eBay. Sandra Vanderslice, battling agoraphobia, pays her shoe bills by working as a phone-sex operator. And Jocelyn Bowen is a nanny for the family from hell (who barely knows a sole from a heel but who will do anything to get out of the house.)

On Tuesday nights, these women meet to trade shoes and, in the process, form friendships that will help them each triumph over their problems---from secret pasts to blackmail, bankruptcy, and dating. Funny, emotional, and powerful, Shoe Addicts Anonymous is a perfect read for any woman who has ever struggled to find the perfect ?t.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:51:39 -0400)

Four different women, one common shoe size, and a shared lust for fabulous footwear. The wife of a controlling politician, a debt-ridden eBay addict, an agoraphobic phone-sex operator, and a nanny for the family from hell (who barely knows a sole from a heel but who will do anything to get out of the house) meet Tuesday nights to trade shoes, and, in the process, form friendships that will help them each triumph over their problems--from secret pasts to blackmail, bankruptcy, and dating.--From publisher description.… (more)

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,422,810 books! | Top bar: Always visible