Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass by Lana…

Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass (edition 2020)

by Lana Del Rey (Author)

Member:ManDUH_13
Title:Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass
Authors:Lana Del Rey (Author)
Info:Simon & Schuster (2020), Edition: Illustrated, 128 pages
Tags:Poetry

Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass by Lana Del Rey

First I just have to preface this review by saying that I am a huge fan of Lana Del Rey. She is one of my all time favorite singers and I’ve been in love with her music for years. I’ve always resonated well with her songs so that made me super eager to read her poetry.

This poetry collection is very atmospheric. Reading the poems is like being transported to a sunny and dreamy day in LA. It’s very on brand for Lana Del Rey.

I liked how a lot of the poems had substance. A lot of poetry collections nowadays have very short poems so I was glad to see that this one had long ones. I really liked how a lot of the longer poems told a story.

Additionally, I liked how there were some haikus (my favorite type of poem) and that they were separated in their own section.

The book itself is also incredibly gorgeous. Throughout the book are photos taken by Lana Del Rey herself. The photos are really beautiful and add to the overall vibe of the collection. The poems themselves are presented exactly as Lana had typed them out making the book feel really personal.

Lastly, I loved the Notes For A Poet section, which was a lined section where the reader could write their own thoughts/notes/poems. I thought that was just a brilliant touch.

Overall, I loved the poems in this collection just as much as I loved the overall presentation of the book! ( )
  oddandbookish | Dec 15, 2020 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 158,019,772 books! | Top bar: Always visible