The Home Edit Life: The No-Guilt Guide to…

The Home Edit Life: The No-Guilt Guide to Owning What You Want and… (original 2020; edition 2020)

by Clea Shearer (Author), Joanna Teplin (Author)

Member:Jacsun
Title:The Home Edit Life: The No-Guilt Guide to Owning What You Want and Organizing Everything
Authors:Clea Shearer (Author)
Other authors:Joanna Teplin (Author)
Info:Clarkson Potter (2020), Edition: Illustrated, 256 pages
Rating:***

Work Information

The Home Edit Life: The No-Guilt Guide to Owning What You Want and Organizing Everything by Clea Shearer (2020)

Best for:
People who like to organize all the things. People who like to look at gorgeous pictures of organized things.

In a nutshell:
Clea and Joanna of The Home Edit fame expand beyond their first book to offer tips for organizing other areas of life (there’s a section on pets!).

Worth quoting:
“For those who claim their family/roommate/partner will never get on board with an organized house, we present you with the silverware drawer. Every single person above the age of three agrees to respect an organized silverware drawer.”

Why I chose it:
I accidentally bought this when I meant to buy their first book. Happy accident indeed!

Review:
There isn’t a lot to say about this book. It’s very pretty, and some of the tips are great. But one thing I have learned from putting into action suggestions from the first book is that it can be pretty expensive. Their own branded containers cost way more than I would have expected (though very pretty!), so while the suggestions of loads of individual containers for things might make sense from an organizational perspective, it might be a bit much from a wallet perspective.

One area that people might find especially useful is the work area. As a lot of office workers are now finding themselves permanently working from home (at least some of the time), they might decide or just finally be able to afford to properly organize their home office, whatever space it is. This book has some suggestions on how to do that.

Overall, this is a mixture of how-to and coffee table book, and that’s fun.

Recommend to a Friend / Donate it / Toss it:
Recommend to a Friend ( )
  ASKelmore | Aug 1, 2021 |
Beautiful photos! I love rainbows so this type of organization appeals to me. However, this book contains very little actual detail on how to organize your home. Lots of pretty pictures and tons of celebrity name dropping. And my biggest issue with their system is they use clear plastic containers for almost EVERYTHING. I know they aren't as pretty and you can't see things as well but I prefer pretty cardboard boxes and other more environmentally sustainable storage containers. Definitely worth reading if you are looking for home organization eye candy. ( )
  jazzyereader | Nov 5, 2020 |

Clea Shearerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Teplin, Joannamain authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,168,222 books! | Top bar: Always visible