Brutal Prince: An Enemies To Lovers Mafia Romance (Brutal Birthright Book…

by Sophie Lark

Series: Brutal Birthright (1)

Brutal Prince centers itself around two crime families in the bustling city of Chicago Illinois. These two families have been mortal enemies for as many generations as you can count. The children of the Gallo crime family (Italians) comprised of 3 boys and 1 girl (Aida) decide time crash the 19th birthday of the youngest Griffin (Irish) crime family daughter (Nessa). In the midst of this party, Aida decides she’s going to snoop around the monstrous Griffin family mansion. Of course, she inadvertently gets cornered in a large library by the Griffin’s eldest and only son, Calum. While Aida is hiding out in the library waiting on Calum to leave so she can get out without being seen, she hatches a plan to start a very small fire. This fire was intended to be a small distraction while she escaped but of course, she nearly burns down the Griffin mansion and gets caught with her brothers on their way to the get away car.

The patriarchs of the Gallo and Griffin crime families decide upon an agreement to end the Hatfields/McCoys and Capulets/Montagues familial bloodshed by joining their two families. This will be done by marrying Aida to Calum in a two week turn around time. The book then takes you through the beginning of an apparently very much not agreed upon arranged marriage between two very stubborn and opinionated mafia children. There are murder attempts (kind of), lots of bickering and a healthy dose of sexual tension.

My Opinion:

I enjoyed reading the book in a dual POV format. I don’t think it would have been near as good if the readers were only getting one side of the viewpoint.

Aida was a great strong willed and opinionated character. She is not someone who is easily intimidated nor is she someone who is going to bow down because she is told to do so (my kinda girl!) She does show some emotional development throughout the book which I thought was a really nice addition to her character.

Calum is your typical hot headed Irish mafia head who doesn’t listen to anyone and always has something to say. Sound like anyone else in this story 🤨. Calum and Aida are very much alike in their personalities which is why I think they fit together so well.

There was a lot of humor throughout this book and I caught myself laughing out loud at a few parts which is sometimes a hard thing for me to do; so that was very much appreciated. ( )
  Brittmcmunn | Aug 10, 2020 |

Belongs to Series

Genres

No genres

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 165,980,156 books! | Top bar: Always visible