The Wedding Date Disaster by Avery Flynn

The Wedding Date Disaster

by Avery Flynn (Author), Kelsey Navarro (Narrator)

Series: Dating Disasters (1)

193945,225 (3.72)4

It’s Hadley’s sister’s wedding, but really, it’s a week-long celebration of family games on the ranch. Don’t expect too much about the wedding, or the wedding couple. Hadley, enlisting the help of her best friend to get her through this week of games and competition, gets stuck instead with his “evil twin,” as she constantly refers to him. They have the typical love/hate relationship thing going, and the pendulum keeps swinging one way then the other. It turns into a real racy romance story, and although it had its good moments, they didn’t come around often enough. ( )
  Maydacat | Jan 19, 2021 |
Fun and sexy
5 stars

I love Avery Flynn. And I love an enemies to lovers romance - especially where the couple genuinely appear to hate each other at the start of our story. So I was as happy as a pig in mud with this story.

At first I wasn’t sure what to make of our heroine, Hadley. I’m not fond of the name - but that’s because it’s the surname of someone I’m none too fond of…but it was hard to decide what she was really like and what her motives were. Much the same as Will felt, then. But she definitely grew on me as a character - especially as she relaxed into herself and then opened up more and more. Plus, she was feisty. And when she realised where she and Will stood, she knew her own worth and what she deserved.

Will was the perfect kind of grumpy hero - as well as being hot and rich! He really doesn’t like Hadley. Or does he? I’m not even sure he knows. But he does know that he wants her. He’s strong, stubborn and also ridiculously clueless at times. His big scene to win over Hadley was so off the mark that I felt like hitting my head off a brick wall. But fear not, where there are coat closets, there’s always a happily ever after!

While you’re all but guaranteed sizzling chemistry with enemies turning into lovers, the sex scenes were especially hot with this story. Ms Flynn knows how to get things done! The mirror? Holy cannoli that was hotter than hot! I was worried it would be a one and done - but we got even more, so I was plenty happy.

But Hadley and Will also shone in the quiet moments, too. They definitely had a connection and I loved seeing their feelings change and develop. Seeing them laugh together and become so much more with and for each other. Gah! This book left me with a huge smile on my face and it was so what I needed.

This was a delightfully hot and sexy read from Ms Flynn. She always delivers and does so again with this offering. I’m hoping we get to read Will’s twin, Web’s, story - and hopefully get to meet Hadley and Will again, hopefully still bickering hard and loving harder. Lots of fun and very recommended. 5 stars. ( )
  joreadsromance | Aug 25, 2020 |
The Wedding Date Disaster by AveryFylnn

Contemporary romantic comedy. Enemies to lovers. Stand-alone.

Hadley and Will couldn’t stand each other. Right? Maybe? Will is sure she’s a gold digger trying to get money from his twin brother Web. Hadley doesn’t understand what she did to set Will against her but she’ll just stay out of his way. But fate and Web have other plans.

A fantastic and sexy hot romance. Fun and sizzling, engaging and satisfying.
Life isn’t perfect, but this romance comes pretty close.
All the feels from the heroine and hero at odds, working things out, to flames running hot.
The family dynamics add to the emotional fulfillment.

Excerpt:
“Adalyn hopped up from her bed at the same time that Hadley bounded up from the chair, and they met in the middle of the room and hugged in one of those mind-meld events that only sisters could have when you said about a million things without uttering a single word.”
Excerpt from The Wedding Date Disaster.

I received a copy of this from NetGalley. I also purchased a copy to share. ( )
  Madison_Fairbanks | Aug 23, 2020 |

Flynn, AveryAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Navarro, KelseyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,614,963 books! | Top bar: Always visible