Bloodfever

by Karen Marie Moning

Series: Fever (2)

Fantasy. Fiction. Romance. HTML:NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER

I used to be your average, everyday girl but all that changed one night in Dublin when I saw my first Fae, and got dragged into a world of deadly immortals and ancient secrets. . . .

In her fight to stay alive, MacKayla must find the Sinsar Dubh—a million-year-old book of the blackest magic imaginable, which holds the key to power over the worlds of both the Fae and Man. Pursued by assassins, surrounded by mysterious figures she knows she can’t trust, Mac finds herself torn between two deadly and powerful men: V’lane, the immortal Fae Prince, and Jericho Barrons, a man as irresistible as he is dangerous.

For centuries the shadowy realm of the Fae has coexisted with that of humans. Now the walls between the two are coming down, and Mac is the only thing that stands between them.

Look for all of Karen Marie Moning’s sensational Fever novels:
DARKFEVER | BLOODFEVER | FAEFEVER | DREAMFEVER | SHADOWFEVER | ICED | BURNED | FEVERBORN | FEVERSONG.
… (more)

English (132)  Spanish (1)  Italian (1)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (135)
I wasn't as into this book like the first one. There was some nice developments in the story, but it just took me awhile to get through it all. I have to say I did enjoy Mac a lot more. She seemed more mature and there was less descriptions of her clothes and nail polish. The ending was pretty good though and I'm pretty excited to read the next book.

Also Barrons still sucks.I'm pretty sure I hate him. I hope he gets better, but I'm not counting on it. I just don't see what's so attractive about him. Maybe because he acts like douche canoe. ( )
  sweetimpact | Jan 18, 2024 |
Thrilling! Revisiting this series and am enjoying it just as much as I did the first time, maybe even more.

Seeing Mac grow as a character and coming into her own is a thrill. This series is great and the dark and mysteriousness of. It makes it a great read.

There’s suspense and action as well as high and low moments throughout that keep the reader engaged wanting to know what happens next. ( )
  TiffanyCutshall | Dec 30, 2023 |
Really good series ( )
  Renegadefx | Sep 21, 2023 |
What a ride! the story of Mac Lane and Jericho Barrons and the fae and sidhe-seers continues. This series so far has ben"un-put-downable". ( )
  Ivy_Skye | Apr 5, 2023 |
I love love love how much Mac grew in this book. I was so afraid I wasn't going to like her in the first book, but she grew on me and I'm glad I stuck it out...in this book, she is learning more about herself (and all the other folks) and the growth is keeping things very interesting. I was a little afraid she had written off Maluce' too soon, but holy cow, did not see THAT coming. Faefever here I come, well and truly hooked on bad-petunia Mac. ( )
  HeatherPerdigon | Nov 5, 2022 |

Moning, Karen Marieprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bean, JoyceNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I have seen the moment of my greatness flicker,
And I have seen the eternal Footman hold my coat, and snicker,
And in short, I was afraid.
—T. S. Eliot/The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock
All of us have our little problems and insecurities.
It’s easy to think outside the box when life has dropped a two-ton elephant on yours.
Fire isn’t good or bad. It just burns.

Fantasy. Fiction. Romance. HTML:NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER

Look for all of Karen Marie Moning’s sensational Fever novels:

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,964,040 books! | Top bar: Always visible