The Demon Awakens (The DemonWars Saga) by R.…

The Demon Awakens (The DemonWars Saga) (edition 1998)

by R. A. Salvatore (Author)

A demon awakens in the fantasy land of Corona and embarks on a campaign of conquest with the help of goblins. Orphaned in the fighting, young Elbryan is adopted by elves, they train him to be a fighter and he goes after the demon.
Member:brunosooty
Title:The Demon Awakens (The DemonWars Saga)
Authors:R. A. Salvatore (Author)
Info:Del Rey (1998), Edition: Reissue, 624 pages
Collections:Disc 1, Your library
Tags:to-read, audiobook2

The Demon Awakens by R. A. Salvatore

mom (385)

A good book for fans of the word 'lustre' or the phrase 'ho, what'. Not so good a book for people who aren't comfortable with detailed and prolonged sexual descriptions of girls (well, one girl in particular) aged about 13 upwards.

An interesting plot, which I did enjoy, and well-written but, like I say, some aspects were uncomfortable to read. But that's fantasy apparently: women tend to not exist or to exist largely as sexual elements in stories like these, and I hate to say RA Salvatore has disappointingly followed this trend. ( )
  FionaLiddle | May 31, 2016 |
A sword and sorcery tale of demon trying to destroy the world leading to adventurers banding together to stop him. Pretty typical fantasy story, but it keeps it interesting. There are three main characters that are all excellent in their own way. The story is heavy on the action, but still includes plenty of character growth, mystery, and romance. It's a fun story with an interesting world. I listened to it through Graphic Audio, which includes many different sound effects, background music, and each character is narrated by a different person. It probably made the action sequences more exciting, but I only read it this way so am unsure. The only problem with Graphic Audio is sometimes the sound effects are louder than the narration. ( )
  renbedell | May 6, 2016 |
Yay I am so glad to have found this. I have heard so much about Salvatore over the years, but just have not had the time or resources for the series. So this will be my very first read with Salvatore.
I will let you know what I think, so the review to come.

Interesting. I wasn't expecting this to start with two preteens. I was expecting the scary demon. I think I was expecting late teens to be the heroes. Maybe this will have several plots that eventually intertwine. I'll have to get back to you on that one.

Yes they eventually intertwine with the plotlines. now it makes sense. Three that I am instantly reminded of God's Trubidore(sp?), The Book of Three, and The Merchant of Death.

Now at the end of it all. I have to say that it feels a bit incomplete, but it is a saga so it should be understandable. I don't suppose any out there have the same problem I do with a meddling mother, a husband who acts like a child, and two abnormally smart children? Why can't my day turn out normal so I can just effing read!?! ( )
  wickedshizuku | May 12, 2014 |
I liked the start of this series. Its a unique world with a dfferent magic system. Salvatore does a good job starting things off with this book. The characters are interesting, and his plot moves along at a fast pace. Good stuff. ( )
  Karlstar | Jan 19, 2013 |
As the world is corrupted and evil, a demon awakens in the distant mountain of Aida born of lava. A ranger trained by elves, a monk who has learned the magical arts of precious stones, a warrior girl and a centaur venture out to fight this demon and this is their story.

The book is fast paced but we don't relate to or pity any charecters. ( )
  mausergem | Sep 2, 2012 |
The demon dactyl came awake.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,659,564 books! | Top bar: Always visible