The Wizard Heir

by Cinda Williams Chima

Sixteen-year-old Seph, a powerful wizard, gets caught up in a conflict between the Wizard Council, smaller groups with their own agendas, and a rogue politician--the Dragon--whose identity and whereabouts the others seek to know.
mom (7)

I really enjoyed these books. This was my favorite from the trilogy. Jason! ( )
  Bookslesstravelled | Apr 15, 2022 |
I really liked the plot and the characters, but again the emotional intensity/connection is fairly low. ( )
  Kat_books | Nov 9, 2021 |
In a perfectly executed tie-in to "The Warrior Heir", Cinda Chima creates a brand new character that instantly captured my attention.

Seph McCauley brings bad luck with him. Strange occurances follow him from school to school, place to place. Seph knows he has powers...but very little idea of their extent, or how to control them. So when he sets an entire warehouse afire, he's in big trouble.

He ends up at the Havens, a special boys' school that turns out to be anything but peaceful. In reality, the Havens is crawling with wizards...just like Seph. But the school's headmaster, Leicester, gives Seph the creeps, and so do the bullying "alumni" that make up his special group of students. And the question becomes...is Seph ever to going leave the Havens? And will he do it with his sanity intact?

With a new, engaging protagonist and a new cast of characters that range from awesome to blood-chilling, a new twist appears on this story of the magical guilds. Readers familiar with "The Warrior Heir" will recognize the appearance of faces such as Jack, Ellen, Aunt Linda, Hastings, Will, and Fitch, as well as the eventual return to the college town of Trinity. By the end of this whirlwind adventure, the stage is set for the final conflict! ( )
  booksong | Mar 18, 2020 |
Totally awesome, better than the first book. A felt the characters were so much better as in real and I could identify with, minus the powers. ( )
  MrNattania72 | Mar 17, 2020 |
I would have given this 4.5 stars, if that were an option. I thought it was better than the first, especially the parts that take place at the Havens (which reminded me of a much more predictable Shutter Island), but there were still a couple things that made me hold back. Mainly, this was the fact that the writing was less than perfect. There were still a couple awkwardly written spots or grammatical errors, though this was less of an issue with this book than it was with Warrior Heir. Overall, I enjoyed this and I'd recommend this series to any YA fantasy lovers, though it isn't the most artful writing I've ever seen. ( )
  NovelInsights | Sep 21, 2019 |
Their target was a run-down three-story building in an area of the City of London that had not yet been gentrified.

Cinda Williams Chima is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,260,512 books! | Top bar: Always visible