Silent Kill

by Jane Casey

Series: Maeve Kerrigan (8.5)

1131,479,607 (4.07)None
From award-winning , Sunday Times bestselling author Jane Casey comes a gripping new detective novella set in the world of Maeve Kerrigan and Josh Derwent. A murder in broad daylight... A teenage girl is killed on a London bus. The case should be simple. The bus was full of witnesses, and there are cameras everywhere.   A hunt for a killer... But the more DC Georgia Shaw and her colleagues Maeve Kerrigan and Josh Derwent delve into the crime, the more elusive the answers become.   A case that spirals out of control... It seems impossible that no one saw anything, but soon the leads run cold. Will they uncover what really happened, or will the killer get away with murder?   For fans of the Maeve Kerrigan series, this is a story with a difference. Told from Georgia's point of view, we see Maeve and Josh from the outside...like you've never seen them before.… (more)

I have waited ages for this to be available in Canada. It was a good read, although some of the information used as evidence in the final interview came out of the blue. It was a change for the story to be from Georgia's point of view, but she is still hard to like, and I'm really only in it for Josh and Maeve. ( )
  pgchuis | Jun 8, 2021 |
This novella takes place between the books Cruel Acts and The Cutting Place in the Maeve Kerrigan series. The story is told from the point of view of Detective Constable Georgia Shaw, and involves a murder on a London bus of a young school girl. Georgia is working the case along with Maeve and Josh Derwent.

Georgia is depicted as a really damaged person, but we also learn about the reasons she got that way. Is it enough to garner reader sympathy for her? Not for me, although I feel like that was Casey’s goal - but it was interesting to find out more about Georgia. It was also illuminating to see both Maeve and Josh from Georgia’s eyes.

The murder plot has a bit of weakness in it however, in that the murder, which took place in front of many people and on surveillance cameras, was done so quietly. The victim never reacted at all to being killed. One would think there would be a bit of screaming and struggle.

Nevertheless, I love the author and her skillful characterizations. ( )
  nbmars | May 27, 2021 |
A quick read, this has the feeling of a full-fledged novel, a strong plot, an investigation, lots of suspects, strong characters, the victim an unpleasant school girl, the murderer a person who has just had enough, a murder that was never meant to happen.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. ( )
  smik | Nov 20, 2020 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,402,303 books! | Top bar: Always visible