Call Sign: Redemption (Away From Keyboard, #7)

by Patricia D. Eddy

Series: Away From Keyboard (7)

822,199,414 (4.8)None
re demp tion: the action of saving or being saved from sin, error, or evilTrevor Moana can't escape the sins of his past. His kills as a CIA assassin haunt his dreams.Working for Second Sight helps him atone, sometimes even forget. Until Dani Monroe walks through his door.The one person he's hurt the most needs his help.In Caracas, Venezuela, one shot changed four lives. And going back there could end him.Dani hates needing Trevor's help. After what he did to her family? She'd just as soon never see him again.But when she finds the story of a lifetime-and much needed answers about where she came from-all in the most dangerous country in the world, she doesn't have a choice.Will Dani and Trevor survive a return to Venezuela?Or will explosive secrets and their growing fiery passions combust and destroy everything they both hold dear?*Each book in this high-action and emotional romantic suspense series can be read as a standalone.… (more)

Every book in this series is so entrancing I feel like I’m watching a movie time and time again. The author pulls us in with all this action and drama that it feels so real, it amazes me how much it got my heart racing and my concern for the characters were so real I couldn’t put the book down until I learned what happens to them. Trevor is this amazing man that we meet in previous books, he doesn’t hesitate to go and fight for his friends even if his life is in danger, he is all in. He comes from a background of foster care and not having any family, so he becomes extremely close with the Pritchard family especially Austin and Dani. Dani and Trevor fall head over heels for each other as teenagers but things seem to keep them apart for years until Dani needs Trevor’s help. Dani is a headstrong reporter that is set to go on a mission to learn more about a freedom fighter in Venezuela and that is the most dangerous country she could embark to, but with the help of Trevor they are hopeful it will be an in and out ordeal. SO much action and drama takes place just when we think Dani and Trevor about to reunite and like I said I felt like I was watching this on the big screen instead reading it that is just how amazing the author is at telling a story. Trevor and Dani are perfect for each other but they both have trust issues that they must learn to let go and that family isn’t always blood but those who stick by you no matter what. Can’t wait for more.

readonreader | Jan 5, 2024 |
I was very excited to receive an advanced copy of this book, as I've devoured all the others in this series.

It did not disappoint. While we've met Trevor in previous novels, we quickly learned of a defining moment in his career as a CIA operative and got an idea as to what led him to joining Dax and the others at Second Sight. While most of the guys on Hidden Agenda/Second Sight teams exude quiet strength, Trevor comes equipped with the perfect dose of dark humor that will have you smiling and shaking your head at the man in equal measure.

Dani, a close connection from his past, resurfaces and needs his help in a mission that - no word of a lie - had me glued to the page. I loved Dani. She is fierce, confident, stubborn and perhaps a little willfully ignorant of danger. While I'm obviously not hopping planes to foreign countries for front pages, I saw a lot of myself in her resilience day to day. No spoilers, but the phrase "you're always okay" comes up several times, and her response (not necessarily verbatim) that "you need me to be okay, so I am" spoke volumes to me personally.

This book was everything I expected it to be. We still got to see the team - the family - we've grown to love over the past novels, and once again got the message that, whatever the situation, whatever the danger, this family they've created from their own broken pieces is anything but fractured.

I've loved every book in the Away From Keyboard series, and though each could be read and enjoyed on its own, you'd be doing yourself a disservice but not picking up Book 1 and diving in. ( )
  Sam.Everard | Jan 3, 2021 |

Patricia D. Eddyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Grant, GraceNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Snow, AidenNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Patricia D. Eddy is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,304,323 books! | Top bar: Always visible