Stand Tall, Molly Lou Melon (2001)

by Patty Lovell

Other authors: David Catrow (Illustrator)

Series: Molly Lou Melon (1)

Even when the class bully at her new school makes fun of her, Molly remembers what her grandmother told her and she feels good about herself.

We often tell children (and adults) that being unique is special and that being different is ok. Molly Lou Melon is different than her peers and starting in a new school. With self confidence and words of wisdom from family, she makes friends because she is a kind person. ( )
  vetschlarson | Feb 8, 2021 |
I really love children's books. I have a small collection of them and continue to buy them as an adult, because I love the magic of the words in them and the illustrations. When people say they are in a reading slump, the first advice I give is to pick up a children's book!

Listened to Dolly Parton read this as part of her "Goodnight With Dolly" series. I love her soothing voice and how she always sings a little. https://donate.imaginationlibrary.com/goodnight-with-dolly/
  coffeefairy | Nov 21, 2020 |
Picture / Graphic Novel

This book is about a little girl with buck teeth, she's extremely short, and she has the biggest eyes of everyone in her class. She stands out to say the least. Even though some of the kids in her new class made fun of her, she displayed all of her wonderful talents and eventually made friends with all of them.

I love this book because it teaches kids that it's okay to stand out and be different from everyone else because being like everyone else is boring.
  elizabethardacre | Nov 15, 2020 |
  lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
Molly Lou Melon is an quirky little girl who embraces who she is with the guidance of her grandma. When she moves to a new school she is confronted several times by a bully, but she never lets him dull her shine. A sweet story about believing in yourself and ignoring doubters. ( )
  kelgolden | Jul 29, 2020 |

Patty Lovellprimary authorall editionscalculated
Catrow, DavidIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

To my brother J. Christopher Lovelll -- Merry Christmas 1976; and, always, to my mother, Sandra
--P. L.
For Emily Anne, the biggest little girl in the neighborhood
--D. C.
Molly Lou Melon stood just taller than her dog and was the shortest girl in the first grade.

Any child who is less than perfect will cheer with joy to meet Molly Lou Melon, a girl who doesn't let anything--or anyone--shake her belief in herself. (Ages 5 to 8) --Emilie Coulter

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,397,292 books! | Top bar: Always visible