Wicked Twist of Fate

by Gina LaManna

313,728,778 (5)None

Dammit - I'm so ready but not ready for the finale in this series 😭 I always fall back on Gina's magical books because they've never let me down. Wicked Twist of Fate continues that trend - I didn't want to put it down, even for much-needed sleep. If you need a magical escape than look no further than this series - it is a series to be read in order though if you're thinking about starting it.

Dani, Matthew, and Grey have somewhat come to an understanding and straightened out their triangle into a semblance of working order. I am so happy to see Primrose return - she is like a work version of Willa and someone Dani needs, even if she doesn't realize it. There were several character developments that I would have never suspected from the ending of Wicked All the Way. We do see some guest appearances from characters of The Magic in Mixology and MAGIC, Inc. Mysteries. We get a little bit of progression with the Hex Files but only that two more files reveal two more names. This book was probably the most shocking in the series - especially the events that hit Dani the hardest.

One of the most random things to say in a review if you've never read this series but... I love Dani's furniture. Their comments never fail to make me laugh out loud at least once each book.

I can't wait to see where Dani's path leads her in the final book even though I'm not ready for it to come to a close. There are two areas that could hold potential for new books that would be a little different that I would love to read about. One is Grey and the Elderwolves while the other is the Dead Lands and necromancers - both of these would be intriguing as not much is known about them from the series itself. A huge thank you to Gina for the opportunity to read and review Wicked Twist of Fate, the sixth installment of the Mysteries from the Sixth Borough series - all opinions are my own. ( )
  thereviewbooth | Aug 14, 2020 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,190,313 books! | Top bar: Always visible