Corked (English Edition) by Brigham Vaughn

Corked (English Edition) (edition 2014)

by Brigham Vaughn (Autore), Sally Hopkinson (a cura di)

423,050,713 (4)None
Member:RoxenNigols
Title:Corked (English Edition)
Authors:Brigham Vaughn (Autore)
Other authors:Sally Hopkinson (a cura di)
Info:Two Peninsulas Press (2014), 179 pagine

Work Information

Corked (English Edition) by Brigham Vaughn

Corked is my first Brigham Vaughn book but it won't be my last.
The story is broken down into three parts and an epilogue, which show the growth of the relationship perfectly. I considered calling this enemies to lovers, but rejected that idea, because it's more antagonistic acquaintances to lovers. This does carry a May to December tag but I don't consider 11 years a sufficient age gap for that label. I do like that they are an older pairing, Lucas is 31, while Sean is 42.

This story starts with sparks flying every time they meet, and they put that fire to good use with some sizzling hot sex scenes. There seemed to be a couple of sex scenes per segment but I never found them to be too much as they were nicely balanced by the development of the relationship. The relationship doesn't come too easily as both men have baggage, especially Sean, whose been left insecure from a previous relationship. Despite that I found this book to be light on the angst.

The background of wine and wine tasting was excellently done, weaved seamlessly into the narrative, and though I know nothing of wine, I believed every word the characters revealed on the subject.

The characters are both pretty adorable, although occasionally I wanted to shake Sean and his insecurities. The epilogue is perfect. I mean completely, wonderfully perfect.

Well-written, fun, and sexy read. ( )
  Lillian_Francis | Jul 26, 2021 |
Corked is my first Brigham Vaughn book but it won't be my last.

Well-written, fun, and sexy read. ( )
  Lillian_Francis | Feb 24, 2021 |
In 2014, [Vaughn] released a short story called Spit or Swallow. [He] followed it up with two more short stories called Aftertaste and Finish. They always felt like they would be better as one complete story, however, so in 2018 [he] reworked them into a single novella called Corked that had a more complete ending and epilogue that gave Lucas and Sean their happily ever after.

Genres

No genres

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 177,087,905 books! | Top bar: Always visible