The Norton Anthology of African American…

The Norton Anthology of African American Literature (Third Edition) (Vol.… (edition 2014)

by Henry Louis Gates Jr. (Editor)

An anthology of the works of 120 black writers, spanning two centuries, beginning with Lucy Terry's poem, Bars Fight. The anthology features poems, novels, essays, journals, spirituals, gospel, sermons, jazz--for a total of 2,700 pages.
Member:mwpp555
Title:The Norton Anthology of African American Literature (Third Edition) (Vol. 2)
Authors:Henry Louis Gates Jr. (Editor)
Info:W. W. Norton & Company (2014), Edition: 3, 1632 pages
Collections:Your library, Wishlist

The Norton Anthology of African American Literature by Jr. Henry Louis Gates (Editor)

When I was studying English for undergrad, I had to purchase an excessive number of copies of literature textbooks and anthologies. This was one of them, and I can actually say that I flipped through the vast majority of this text for my African American Lit class. This was a good one and, I think, still relevant. ( )
  justagirlwithabook | Aug 1, 2018 |
As a literature student in college, Norton anthologies were my bread and butter. This book in particular is both a useful learning resource and an enjoyable addition to my personal library. The reading selections are well-chosen, and the included essays are the usual Norton quality. ( )
1 vote TheBooknerd | Mar 23, 2010 |

Gates, Henry Louis, Jr.Editorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
McKay, Nellie Y.Editormain authorall editionsconfirmed

GenreThing

No genres

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,270,943 books! | Top bar: Always visible