Folk Vests: 25 Knitting Patterns & Tales…

Folk Vests: 25 Knitting Patterns & Tales from Around the World (Folk… (edition 2002)

by Cheryl Oberle

Member:kenilworth
Title:Folk Vests: 25 Knitting Patterns & Tales from Around the World (Folk Knitting series)
Authors:Cheryl Oberle
Info:Interweave Press (2002), Paperback, 144 pages

Folk Vests by Cheryl Oberle

The vests are lovely; I bought this because I want to make the cover vest (the Celtic Lattice pattern) someday. Since I haven't made any of the vests yet, I can't speak to the accuracy of the pattern writing.

However, telling people to change the needle size if they want a larger or smaller vest, rather than actually designing the pattern in multiple sizes? That's poor design. Using a different sized needle doesn't just change the gauge; it changes the stiffness/drape of the fabric. Since I don't care to spend my crafting time on creating a loose shoddy fabric, this book's been set aside until I have the time/inclination to adapt the patterns so they fit me *and* use an appropriate gauge for the yarn. ( )
  castiron | Sep 28, 2013 |
Beautiful vests and varied, from simple to involved. The one caveat is that sizing is done by changing needle sizes rather than doing the math, which alters the texture too much for my taste. Worth doing the math myself. ( )
  piquita | May 6, 2010 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,740,160 books! | Top bar: Always visible