The Christian's Secret of a Happy Life by…

The Christian's Secret of a Happy Life (original 1888; edition 2012)

by Hannah Whitall Smith (Author)

Hannah Whitall Smith wrote The Christian's Secret of a Happy Life in 1875, originally as an article for her husband's magazine. The book subsequently became a worldwide best seller that has influenced generations of readers. In the preface she explains, 'This is not a theological book. I frankly confess that I have not been trained in theological schools and do not understand their methods nor their terms. But the Lord has taught me experientially and practically certain lessons out of his Word, which have greatly helped me in my Christian life, and have made it a very happy one. And I want to tell my secret, in the best way I can, in order that some others may be helped into a happy life also.' This classic devotional offers practical advice and a powerful message. Relating to audiences on a personal level, it invites listeners to live full, blessed lives.… (more)
Member:musicnazi
Title:The Christian's Secret of a Happy Life
Authors:Hannah Whitall Smith (Author)
Info:Revell (1952), 248 pages

The Christian's Secret of a Happy Life by Hannah Whitall Smith (1888)

This classic work on God's grace remains relevant to today's reader. ( )
  thornton37814 | Nov 3, 2020 |
If you could more than 5 Stars I Would ( )
  Sandy_B. | Jul 18, 2020 |
2 copies
  janesveska | Apr 29, 2018 |
God revealed grace to this woman many years before the grace movement.
She describes it as the secret to a happy Christian life. She is correct. God's grace brings happiness, life, liberty, and love into our lives. One of my favorite books of all time. ( )
  Gypsy_Love | Aug 19, 2017 |
This spells out basic concepts of Christianity that are frequently forgotten/missed/misunderstood in all different Christian denominations. I studied theology, Bible, and Catholic apologetics for six years during school, and somehow the fundamental ideas that Hannah Whitall Smith articulates were completely lost to me. This book is valuable. ( )
  TrgLlyLibrarian | Feb 1, 2015 |
Do not combine with an abridged version or Catherine Jackson's paraphrased edition since they are not the same work.

Bridge Logos

An edition of this book was published by Bridge Logos.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,398,686 books! | Top bar: Always visible