The Danger You Know (Shadow Duet, #1)

by Lily White

612,192,203 (4)None

I loved this book! Lately, I have been having a hard time getting into a new book. I have been stuck reading the yearly favorites (those books I read at least once a year), but as soon as I got the notification from Amazon that Lily White released a new book, I was all on that.

From the first few pages I was hooked. Seriously, I got that feeling that comes when I know I am about to read a new favorite book. Hallelujah!

I will leave others to go on about the synopsis. This isn't a book report, like some of my other reviews, but the synopsis is as good as what you think.

There is a lot of heat, suspense, and even humor. A lot more humor than I expected, but most of it was dark humor. Ari along with his assassin friend Lincoln has been watching over Adeline since she was sixteen. They both know pretty much everything there is to know about her. Ari charges Lincoln to "babysit" her when he is away on a job (they are both assassins). Since Adeline is a wild-child, free spirit, Ari has made it his mission in life to protect her from both herself and anyone who should even dare touch her in pain. He allows her to grow up, and doesn't interfere unless the situation becomes dangerous.

The book opens up with Ari standing outside a club watching an 18 year old Adeline waiting in line with her boyfriend of the week, he knows she is going to use a fake id, and is musing over the idea of going after the guy who keeps supplying them to her after he stealthily makes off with them in an attempt to keep her out of trouble. Once the couple get in the club Ari makes his way to a place out of sight, but keeping Adeline in his view. He is watching her dance with abandon while having a running monologue in his head about how free she is and how he loves her even more for it.

This book has all the feels, it takes a while to get through, but it is never boring, and is the perfect thing to open when you are in a slump. Seriously, it is a perfect book slump breaker.

Final note, I am wondering if some characters who were introduced in passing are in other books that have already been written or will be written about later. You will know who I am talking about once you read it.

Update:
Ok, so I feel like a dolt. Aiden and Rebecca (the gallery owners) were the main characters in the Masters series. I love that series, and if you haven't read it yet, then do so now! I had to go back and read those chapters in this book again to get the full reaction. I do miss Aiden and Rebecca. ( )
  Rellwood74 | Feb 18, 2021 |

Genres

No genres

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,471,170 books! | Top bar: Always visible