HomeGroupsTalkExplore

The Lake

by Natasha Preston

The instant New York Times bestseller!   Hot on the heels of The Twin, the undisputed queen of YA thrillers is back with a scary and suspenseful read about a summer camp filled with dark secrets. Esme and Kayla once were campers at Camp Pine Lake. They're excited to be back this year as CITs (counselors in training). Esme loves the little girls in her cabin and thinks it's funny how scared they are of everything--spiders, the surly head counselor, the dark, boys . . . even swimming in the lake! It reminds her a little of how she and Kayla used to be, once. Before . . . it happened. Because Esme and Kayla did something bad when they were campers. Afterwards, the girls agreed to keep it secret. They've moved on--or so they say--and this summer is going to be great. Two months of sun, s'mores, and flirting with the cute boy counselors. But then they get a note. THE LAKE NEVER FORGETS. And the secret they've kept buried for so many years is about to resurface.… (more)

ABSOLUTELY MIND BLOWING!!! ( )
  TrishLittle | Sep 8, 2022 |
now this book gives me very mixed emotions. i did enjoy the whole thriller / mystery aspect of the whole thing, and even the characters. but something i did not enjoy that much was all the freaking anticipation. it was honestly just too much for me, it made it all seem so slow paced and dragged on.

and the ending was not my favorite. at all. i was honestly expecting so much more for the ending for some reason. the plot got more chaotic towards the end, and i feel like the beginning you feel like youre going to get much more from the book, overall.

although i felt slightly disappointed with the ending, overall the story/plot were intriguing. all the repeated anticipation did get annoying, but then it also made me want to keep reading to get to the climax and find out their "big secret".

i personally think this would be a good plot for a movie...with a different ending ofc :) ( )
  rose9 | Aug 28, 2022 |
I did not really enjoy the book. It is written from the perspective of a teenage girl and the book and story felt very juvenile and repetitive. It was obvious from the beginning that Lillian was behind it all. I understand Lillian's want to get revenge, but I believe she got revenge on the wrong person, Esme was the only one that wanted to help her so why frame her? ( )
  zza1 | Apr 11, 2022 |
I really enjoyed the book and the ending left me unsettled ( )
  Brendanor | Feb 26, 2022 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 182,611,282 books! | Top bar: Always visible