High Score!: The Illustrated History of…

High Score!: The Illustrated History of Electronic Games, Second Edition (edition 2003)

by Rusel DeMaria (Author)

This is a photo-filled look back at our favourite electronic games, the personal histories of the people who made them and the history of an industry that rose from obscurity to mass-market popularity in 30 years.
Member:firestarw
Title:High Score!: The Illustrated History of Electronic Games, Second Edition
Authors:Rusel DeMaria (Author)
Info:McGraw-Hill Osborne Media (2003), Edition: 2, 400 pages

High Score! The Illustrated History of Electronic Games by Rusel Demaria

I enjoyed reading this book; it was like a trip through memory lane. The authors start with the pre-Pong days and go all the way up to modern consoles and online games. It took me almost a week to get through it; each page of this full-color book is crammed with articles on various products and quotes from industry insiders. I read about a lot of things from childhood that I had all but forgotten. Definitely a good read if you're interested in knowing the roots of modern electronic gaming. ( )
  irishkitsune | Feb 1, 2008 |
If you like videogames, buy this book. Period.
It's a full-color romp through the history of gaming from 'Space War' to 'Lara Croft'.
DeMaria doesn't just dwell on the games, however; he also profiles the people and companies who made them. This is a comprehensive, scholary, but very, very fun history of a modern obsession.
And it was great to see pictures not only of games that were my old favorites, but many of the people I knew in the game publishing industry from my computer magazine days. ( )
  airship | Jul 7, 2006 |

Rusel Demariaprimary authorall editionscalculated
Wilson, Johnny L.Authormain authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 139,556,157 books! | Top bar: Always visible