My life as a fifth-grade comedian by…

My life as a fifth-grade comedian (edition 2000)

by Elizabeth Levy

Although Bobby's father thinks that he might be expelled just like his older brother, with the encouragement of a new fifth-grade teacher, Bobby tries to channel his penchant for humor into a learning experience.
Member:edwinkim83
Title:My life as a fifth-grade comedian
Authors:Elizabeth Levy
Info:Scholastic (2000), Paperback, 184 pages
Tags:Raymond's Room

Work Information

My Life as a Fifth-Grade Comedian by Elizabeth Levy

A fifth grade student, Bobby, who loves comedy, is always getting into trouble for not doing his homework. When a new teacher decides to not give up on Bobby and gives him one more chance. Bobby is given an assignment to arrange “THE GREAT LAUGH-OFF” so that he can pass the fifth grade. In the end Bobby learns some very valuable lessons about school and comedy.

I loved this book it keep my interest and it introduced me to some of the things that can happen in a classroom. Not only does it teach a lesson but also the young reader is capatived by the innocence of the whole idea. I think a lot of young readers will love this book.

This book could be used in the classroom to teach the class clown how they can get in trouble if the continue to be a clown by having the student write a plan to have a “great laugh-off” of their own. Also, the class could write about the positive aspects of someone in their life who they think does not love them.
  MOster | Oct 1, 2009 |
I have not yet read this book.
  LynneQuan | Jan 30, 2018 |

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 206,370,227 books! | Top bar: Always visible